Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Since I can't get my Cub chugging at the moment I "updated" my buddies DLE60 twin to run a bit stronger. Very tempted to just throw the old DLE carb on the cub motor and see if it runs and tunes fairly decent . Think I will.......CUZ I CHEAP! lol And it's a CUB. Who cares if its overly rich and burbles out the exhaust :ooh?:

0313182312-00.jpg

2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Looking good you have been putting in quite some time on that, keep us posted following with interest.

3. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Looks great Rob! Rubbing alcohol is really only going to be good to remove plant based and people based oils (works great for castor oil removal... I know Rob....shudder..... hahaha). Acetone or lacquer thinner - but not sure about removing or harming the existing finish. Be sure you don’t get either of those products on your nice new clear canopy! Won’t end well, ask me how I know...:black-eye:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    49dimes, stangflyer and Snoopy1 like this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    It should work just fine just check the venture diameter and as long as it not much more that 1/8 inch bigger it will be ok. Just get a little more top end if the exhaust will let you.

Alky6 and 49dimes like this.
  5. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Ha! Do I sense a high performance upgrade coming? Maybe a little more than a carb???? C’mon! Make it a racing cub, :yesss:

Snoopy1, stangflyer and 49dimes like this.
  6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Maybe.........:D

Snoopy1 and Alky6 like this.
  7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Thanks I will keep the updates coming. Crazy when you go to the drawing properties page in AutoCAD and see how many hours have been worked on a certain model.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  8. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

768E0D03-94FF-4754-B7A7-EFF736CC5990.jpg Got a little work in on my glider this morning before work.

49dimes, Snoopy1, Alky6 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Any wax and grease remover should work, and alcohol should work fine as well.

Alky6, 49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I see you build like I do with weights right on to of the drawing. One thing building a glider not that I have but the glider boys do know how to keep things light but Evan better know how to prevent parts from twisting. Have always thought building a glider would improve my building skills.