• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey Rob! I don't give a FLIP about your new wheels :laughing:. But I most definitely agree the 5.5 looks great :attaboy:

20171219_213530.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Going to help my bud and get the engine on it and the radio in.

This MXS would be PERFECT for a DL/DA50! Going to mount up a DLE60 twin though.

This one does look as if it will be 16-17 pounds full of fuel and made for a 50cc engine. Looks to be a floater! Nice plane.

The really hard part is giving it back. We all know what happened with his 26cc Edge....:rolleyes:

1220172243-00.jpg 1220172251-00.jpg 1220172252-00.jpg

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I must say “touch wood” I have never had any failures with Spectrum protocol. One thing is keep the voltage up and use a RF signal analyzer on the first couple of flights and make the necessary changes if required, then very thing works great form then on.
I got some great deals on those "brown out" radios and never had a glitch. They served me well, plus saved a lot of coin, because the previous owners swore they were bad. I remember a few years ago when at the field and someone would have an issue, the first words were usually "radio problem."

As they say, one man's trash can be another man's treasure - sometimes anyway. I think I probably had a thousand flights without issue on one of those brown out specky radios and then I gave it away and the guy is still flying with it. Of course, let's not start a radio argument :cool:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I got some great deals on those "brown out" radios and never had a glitch. They served me well, plus saved a lot of coin, because the previous owners swore they were bad. I remember a few years ago when at the field and someone would have an issue, the first words were usually "radio problem."

As they say, one man's trash can be another man's treasure - sometimes anyway. I think I probably had a thousand flights without issue on one of those brown out specky radios and then I gave it away and the guy is still flying with it. Of course, let's not start a radio argument :cool:
Aww come on. Where's your sense of adventure? Lol

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

Truthfully.......It's his :yesss:. He sold the PAU Edge for a lighter airframe and likes the way the MXS flies. This should be a very good plane for him. He had one previous which I got to pull at the sticks and I was very impressed how well it flew. After seeing this plane I wish I had got it too for the DL50. But I am sticking to plan and the DL50 will have a new home in a couple of months. Speaking of which......
Looking like a nice day. Cooler weather humidity has gone down. Test flight two :).

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Truthfully.......It's his :yesss:. He sold the PAU Edge for a lighter airframe and likes the way the MXS flies. This should be a very good plane for him. He had one previous which I got to pull at the sticks and I was very impressed how well it flew. After seeing this plane I wish I had got it too for the DL50. But I am sticking to plan and the DL50 will have a new home in a couple of months. Speaking of which......
Looking like a nice day. Cooler weather humidity has gone down. Test flight two :).
That is really cool. I have heard that the MXS is a very sweet flying plane. No matter who makes it. I have heard that they are very crisp, precise, and just right down sick and insanely stupid fun. It is the only airframe I have yet to own. But I'm actually kind of thinking that I will get one. The new 110 CS will need a home to go into. Extreme flight makes a 120 cc version MXS, correct? I'm thinking that the 3 DUB 110 CS is going to make a sweet combination for that plane. Wishing you great success on your next test flight Kelly.

Last edited: