• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just received this little gas pump from Amazon. Looks good. Now I have to build a box complete with switch and batteries to fit with or on my jerrycans. Gather all the parts first and then figure out how to do it.
1/2 a gallon a minute at 12 volts and runs in both directions.

IMG_1699.JPG

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I would test it for gas use before doing much, the mfg does not list it for fuel, only list food industry type apps.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I would test it for gas use before doing much, the mfg does not list it for fuel, only list food industry type apps.
Got the info from the People on GSN and have been using it successfully, so I thought I would give it a try.
Thanks for the heads up anyway. I will be careful when connecting it up. The motor is well shielded and comes with a complete rubber boot in closing the motor.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just received this little gas pump from Amazon. Looks good. Now I have to build a box complete with switch and batteries to fit with or on my jerrycans. Gather all the parts first and then figure out how to do it.
1/2 a gallon a minute at 12 volts and runs in both directions.

I used a 6"L x3"H x 2"D plastic project box, Micro 3amp DPDT toggle (for reversing) and a momentary push on switch. All parts can be had at Radio Shack if one is still open in your area. I fabricated 2 laminations of 1/16th light ply to make a mount adaptor. I used baking soda and thin ca to mount the pump "cradle fashion" to the adaptor and then bolted it to the inside of the plastic box using two 3mm lock nuts and hex cap screws. Here is a rough drawing of the adaptor. I had to remove the grommet mounts from the pump body. I imagine you could find a "slim" 3S pack to fit but I just used a 2S that I had on hand and it fit snugly in and works fine @ 12oz minute. I did do a pump time test to see how well it pumped on a 2S. It is also very quiet which is a plus. Last pump I built was noisy as hell.
0802172202-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I used a 6"L x3"H x 2"D plastic project box, Micro 3amp DPDT toggle (for reversing) and a momentary push on switch. All parts can be had at Radio Shack if one is still open in your area. I fabricated 2 laminations of 1/16th light ply to make a mount adaptor. I used baking soda and thin ca to mount the pump "cradle fashion" to the adaptor and then bolted it to the inside of the plastic box using two 3mm lock nuts and hex cap screws. Here is a rough drawing of the adaptor. I had to remove the grommet mounts from the pump body. I imagine you could find a "slim" 3S pack to fit but I just used a 2S that I had on hand and it fit snugly in and works fine @ 12oz minute. I did do a pump time test to see how well it pumped on a 2S. It is also very quiet which is a plus. Last pump I built was noisy as hell. View attachment 98156
Thanks for the info and all the help will keep you posted on my progress but the first thing I am trying to get my hands on is DPDT switch.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Been investigating my laser 73" "glitch" lots of forum research nothing definitive yet

33d393d734d568b8e17f278b120ff107.jpg

One thing I was reading up on with the tech aero. For those running A123 batteries, what voltage setting are you at? Mine has no plug jumpers so 6.6 but that's the highest setting. Curious if when the battery is under load for a bit it gets a spike that is below 6.6 creating some sort of power loss?? Makes me wish I had a data logger in my tx! Far fetched but dunno.

My Tx failsafe was set to hold position.... from what I can remember it was holding its position the times it happened. Unresponsive model continuing on course for the 3 sec duration. This starts to make me think it's not a battery issue since the engine was running smoothly each time this happened. And this is supposed to happen when interference takes place.
Plus my lack of switch, deans to dual JR plugs, makes me believe it cannot be this. Ohm checked good too.
The receiver was taken out and put in a cub and has been working great. So probably not the receiver.
My clean and dirty side was separated from the start. Possibly one antenna too close to the battery lead.... but that's far fetched to me too.

Also found a report of this happening to another guy and it was a slightly loose ignition cap (spring installed), and put a hose clamp on it to fix it. My engine is a new DA-35, doesn't seem as tight as per say my DLE-35 so might have something there? Going to investigate that a bit further.

I hate shotgunning parts!! It's very tempting to just throw one some new equipment though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk