• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I got this fancy little device in the mail yesterday....

View attachment 97425

View attachment 97424

This thing is amazingly high quality, the board inside is perfectly clean, evident that the thing is made here in the USA and not sourced overseas.

View attachment 97426

And, a little foam pad came with it too!

View attachment 97427

Looking forward to using it more :)
I just took a quick look through the online manual. It looks like a pretty neat piece with some cool features. As a Spektrum receiver user it's neat that you only need 4 satellites and not a receiver. I hope you have good luck with it.:)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well now, what did I do in the workshop tonight? Well because my workshop is also my living quarters...or is it that my living quarters is also my workshop? I get so confused. LOL. Anyway, I got the photos off to Tony for the replacement wood for the "White" Behemoth Yak. Sent photos to Eric with B and E graphics for the new Yak graphic package. Umm, what else? Oh yeah, completely assembled the new Pilot Edge and set her on the balance stand. Yup, she is very tail heavy. Sooo....my solution? I will not add dead useless weight. Either it will serve a purpose, or I will figure something out. So, a new set of canisters for the Edge. Now it will be set up "Exactly" as the Crown Royal was. And man did it fly amazing. So not much hands on work. Just necessary photo shoots and ordering.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well now, what did I do in the workshop tonight? Well because my workshop is also my living quarters...or is it that my living quarters is also my workshop? I get so confused. LOL. Anyway, I got the photos off to Tony for the replacement wood for the "White" Behemoth Yak. Sent photos to Eric with B and E graphics for the new Yak graphic package. Umm, what else? Oh yeah, completely assembled the new Pilot Edge and set her on the balance stand. Yup, she is very tail heavy. Sooo....my solution? I will not add dead useless weight. Either it will serve a purpose, or I will figure something out. So, a new set of canisters for the Edge. Now it will be set up "Exactly" as the Crown Royal was. And man did it fly amazing. So not much hands on work. Just necessary photo shoots and ordering.
My workshop and living quarters are getting a little confused right now too. Even my family room looks like an airplane bomb went off in it.
20170712_233801_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My workshop and living quarters are getting a little confused right now too. Even my family room looks like an airplane bomb went off in it. View attachment 97447
Sweet...I like. I "LIKE". :laughing:
It's almost as bad as some of those horders you've heard about. I know a few. But in my own defense, everything out of place, has a place but for now...is in the place that it is in. How else am I going to work on 48,329 projects all at once. Neatness is a sickness of the mind. LOL

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Sweet...I like. I "LIKE". :laughing:
It's almost as bad as some of those horders you've heard about. I know a few. But in my own defense, everything out of place, has a place but for now...is in the place that it is in. How else am I going to work on 48,329 projects all at once. Neatness is a sickness of the mind. LOL
Believe it or not, that room was actually neat and orderly a week or so ago. When your out of room things get put everywhere.:oblong:

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Believe it or not, that room was actually neat and orderly a week or so ago. When your out of room things get put everywhere.:oblong:
No doubt, when you run out of room it can be tough. I used to have a small place and had a tough time with all my many projects I felt I had to have. Now days, I have more room than I need and organization is actually more of an issue than I thought it would be. I am constantly trying to get things in a place that is as practical as possible for actually doing the work effectively instead of chasing down the stuff I put away. There seems to always be a challenge out there in front of us :D

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
No doubt, when you run out of room it can be tough. I used to have a small place and had a tough time with all my many projects I felt I had to have. Now days, I have more room than I need and organization is actually more of an issue than I thought it would be. I am constantly trying to get things in a place that is as practical as possible for actually doing the work effectively instead of chasing down the stuff I put away. There seems to always be a challenge out there in front of us :D
Indeed...but I'm at the age I want "everything" easy. Easy to build planes, easy to start engines, easy to understand radio programming, easy red heads......that don't die.
hearty-laugh.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The old faithful 9X, why what else would I use? :oblong::way_to_go:

Well that's what I thought. But when viewing the online manual and info., I didn't see the compatibility with Hitec. Is the Multi-plex they list the protocol for the 9x? I didn't recognize it.