• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I had worn the wing tube socket out on the fuselage of my 88" EF Extra, so I removed it and made my first attempt at making a wing tube socket for the fuse. I basically followed some instructions online, but I won't really know until tomorrow how it will turn out as it is curing now.

Being my first attempt I will see how it goes. I have worked in the past with fiberglass more than I care to admit so that type of work is not new to me, yet making a wing tube socket is. It was a easy process and even getting the old socket out of the fuse was super easy (it was worn bad anyway).

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I had worn the wing tube socket out on the fuselage of my 88" EF Extra, so I removed it and made my first attempt at making a wing tube socket for the fuse. I basically followed some instructions online, but I won't really know until tomorrow how it will turn out as it is curing now.

Being my first attempt I will see how it goes. I have worked in the past with fiberglass more than I care to admit so that type of work is not new to me, yet making a wing tube socket is. It was a easy process and even getting the old socket out of the fuse was super easy (it was worn bad anyway).
Photos k?

BalsaDust

IMG_0588.JPG

Been taking a CAD class this summer. Nothing fancy and nothing I will actually use but I played around and started drawing a wing.