• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sooo.......you're going to order one just for lil ole me....riiiiight?
happy-nodding-smiley-face-emoticon.gif

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
This is going to sound bad but, as long as you have the timing chain cover off, you may as well replace the timing chain unless it has very little time on it.

The good news is the timing chain and gears are hardly worn at all, still tight as new. The bad news is the timing cover has nearly rusted through, and I managed to break the front pulley yesterday (don't ask :oblong: ). At least that's all getting replaced. And I even managed to put new plug wires on so I actually made some forward progress!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OK last night of working on this monster, I need me some airplane time! :yesss:

20170608_193645.jpg

New fuel pump and alternator went in last night, as well as ignition coil. So now I'm up to spark plugs, plug wires, dizzy cap, rotor, coil, fuel pump, alternator, and now we're just waiting on the rest of the parts and gaskets to come in before I can put in the new timing cover, water pump, front pulley, battery terminals, and hopefully we will crank it over and it runs.... :oblong:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That post is simply a way technology is working around add blockers. GSN need's a notify, or report to, moderator button.

Last edited: