• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

rmyers

70cc twin V2
No airplanes for me the past 2 nights, and seemingly it'll be a reoccurring theme the rest of this week and next week :oblong: Discovered that my dads boat had a good sized water leak last weekend so it was time to replace the water pump. Well once I dug in I discovered a whole slew of things that needed to be replaced.

View attachment 96772

So far we've ordered a new alternator, water pump, timing chain cover, trim limit switches, starter motor, fuel pump, spark plugs, dizzy cap/rotor, plug wires, ignition coil, new battery terminals and hold down strap, and probably something else too I'm forgetting but I'll discover after I get it :laughing:

And now I'm looking at possibly replacing the exhaust manifolds and exhaust manifold uppers. Cooling hoses will get replaced too as soon as I source them. But otherwise the thing runs great :cool::confused:

Ahhhh, the best two days in a boat owner's life: the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

BalsaDust

Excatly Thrumma a dry bearing , can you take out the bearing to verify the problem of dry or not seating properly ?

This servo is different from others I have taken apart before. Most have three short wires connecting it to the board. This one is directly attached to the board so I'm not sure how to go about taking it apart. I'm gonna play with it some more when I get a chance. Been more focused on getting the back up car back on the road which I was successful with today.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ahhhh, the best two days in a boat owner's life: the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

My last boat was a 35' cabin cruiser. Twin 350's, full kitchen and bathroom, A/C, generator, water heater, TV, I loved it. Bought it 2 years old and sold it 5 years later for a $5000 profit. :dancing-chicken::woohoo!:

Owned a 25' cabin cruiser before that and sold it 6 yrs later for just slightly less than purchase price. Gotta buy boats in the dead of winter.........................................................................