• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I think I just pulled a Homer Rob and Bart........Dho
hand-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
David, Not sure I am understanding. I'd like to help if I can. You say you have your ignition plugged into a separate channel that can be turned off/on with a switch on your 14mz? This is the way I have all my planes set up. They work incredible. And ultra safe. Example: Switch on plane powers up your entire plane, i.e., rx., ignition and such. However, your ignition does not become "hot" until you switch it on with your selected switch on your tx. This way, if in the event you have a problem...shutting the plane off will kill the ignition and the plane. Also, if connection from your tx to the plane is lost, your ignition shuts off. Also, when you turn your switch off on your tx, the ignition shuts off. I will also offer, I "ALWAYS" set my ignition on the same switch on my tx. Doesn't matter what channel. Just program that channel to that same switch. That way I don't get confused which switch it is on. All planes, same switch.

Did I miss something? Am I not understanding? Like I said, I would like to help if I can.
Hey Rob,

I hear what you'really saying and I appreciate your help. I need all of the help I can get. . . LOL I'm just used to turning on a plane by the switch on the side of the fuse, that's all.

I do have another question if you don't mind. Do you know what these are? I bought the plane with these inside. I am hoping one of them is a voltage regulator, but I am not sure. Let's see if I can load a picture from my phone.

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well that didn't work. Let's try something else.
20160222_181252.jpg
20160222_181213.jpg

That worked. The piece with MINI THOR on it is from 42% Products.

Thanks Buddy

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well boys been in the hobby for a long long time but this is my first styrofoam wing aeroplane. All ways stayed away from foam wings. Just installed the wing tubes went ok. But I really bo not like polyurethane glue. First time using the glue but will try to use something else. Got all the tubes installed and will be installing the wing spars tomorrow.
Can somebody help what do you use to clean up polyurethane glue. Thanks.

Last edited: