• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hmmm, those are some impressive TQ numbers,,, 730 something inOZ's,,, for a 100 bucks(hmmmm with reserve)

Mine were a little less $$$$$ to my fat fingers :big-grin:. But it IS everything and more like those 200 dollar some-things. My poor mans servo torque test almost broke my fat finger!

OUCH!

0222161314-00.jpg
0222161316-00.jpg
0222161318-00.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Guess I should get to cleanin up the shop. Got a laundry chute door I need to refinish. Then clean up the shop from the paint dust, sanding and refinishing, then I can get started hobby stuff.

Waiting on a TDRC order for a few ubber torque BlueBirds. Gonna do a side by side comparison between those and Savox 2270/1270.

Extremely tight, smooth and quiet gear train! The digital board does not hum hardly at all under load. I hope you find that the H50B blows them away. They blow away my other Blue Birds like the BLS3114 (excellent servo as well).

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OUCH that's gotta hurt!!! I know it hurts when a standard high torque servo gets you, can't imagine anything more... :eek:

I still say Hmmmm! Kinda hard to put trust in a new servo in a 10K plus airplane,,, sounds impressive tho. I'll wait for them beta testers results after they've put some time on them.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
All I can say Bill is that it would be worth the small investment to get a couple to try out. I wont know for sure because the plane I will be testing them in won't get done until June or so and any flight testing wont be done till Fall.

All I can say Bill is that it would be worth the small investment to get a couple to try out. I wont know for sure because the plane I will be testing them in won't get done until June or so and any flight testing wont be done till Fall.
Kelly. I'm not familiar with this brand of servo. Do they produce HV HT servos for 30% birds? Looking at all options for my 540 and the current cost for 5 servos of several different name brands is a big ouch in my wallet right now.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Kelly. I'm not familiar with this brand of servo. Do they produce HV HT servos for 30% birds? Looking at all options for my 540 and the current cost for 5 servos of several different name brands is a big ouch in my wallet right now.

Bart. I went from Futaba 9157's (6 volt servo) 425 ozin .14 transit. Awesome servo. But! 150 smakers! I changed them out very shortly after the maiden 5 years ago with Blue Bird BLS2209's HV 360 ozin .09 transit. After over three years of hard use I replaced the gear sets for 6 bucks a set. Still good to go in my Edge. You can still get them directly from Blue Bird and HK may still have them or a similar one . At one time I saw HK have them listed for 56 bucks. The all aluminum case version BLS 26A I think TDRC has for 60 bucks. Not trying to Spam these out but yes they have all kinds of servos at a price point you can actually afford
and fit any size plane with.

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Tried sending you a p.m. Your settings are not allowing it.