• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The stick bangers thread

emtp275

100cc
Bunch of dirt in cowl broke the left wheel pant. Dirt was very soft. Corn had just been planted. 30 more feet would have made runway. Just could not squeeze out that air speed. It stalled just at the right time. Even at 27.5 lbs this plane has an extremely slow stall speed. This is it after I got it home...No kidding....View attachment 18695
Hey It could be worse, I flipped @mulehead1969 20cc profile in a short hay field when it decided to dead stick just after take off, I broke the rudder in half. Not only that but i crashed his 30% AW Yak last year LOL these are the only two I have messed up in the past 4 years and that Yak was a rekit...... He hasnt ask me to fly his planes any more for some reason LOL

emtp275

100cc
Bunch of dirt in cowl broke the left wheel pant. Dirt was very soft. Corn had just been planted. 30 more feet would have made runway. Just could not squeeze out that air speed. It stalled just at the right time. Even at 27.5 lbs this plane has an extremely slow stall speed. This is it after I got it home...No kidding....View attachment 18695
Hey It could be worse, I flipped @mulehead1969 20cc profile in a short hay field when it decided to dead stick just after take off, I broke the rudder in half. Not only that but i crashed his 30% AW Yak last year LOL these are the only two I have messed up in the past 4 years and that Yak was a rekit...... He hasnt ask me to fly his planes any more for some reason LOL

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey! Dem YS"s aint cheap!

The big bird vid really is not worth watching. Unless there is some el cheapo entertainment value or watching a dirt cloud get made. lol But thanks for the "save" compliment!

Last edited:
Crap happens. Good repair experience.