• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

Cam,

It looks like this plane is not setup for tuned pipes, just canisters. Am I missing something? It just looks like there is no exit past the wing tubes and on my LX the RE3s exit past the trailing edge of the wings.

Hi Mark. That is a good question. Let me ask Tony. My uneducated answer would be, if you want to go with tuned pipes, get the traditional kit. But let me ask him.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking really good! Nice use of the side grip Cleco's by the way. I use them at work, but never thought of using them on a model airplane.

ROLLERMAN

70cc twin V2
Nice job Cam, you are a fast builder. Looking forward to the rest of the build. Im almost done with mine and I'm already wanting to get another kit. I was thinking about a MX2 from J-Tec.

over past few days, been working (real job), but last night and this morning, got some more done.

the next few pictures is related to the sheeting of the bottom belly. You all let me know what you think.

You can make this with two sheets of the 10" wide balsa, but the length is not enough, so it must be spliced and then the forward aspect needs the cut ends to make it a bit wider:
IMG_0279.JPG

I like to apply a bit of H2O mist to the foam and the balsa.
IMG_0280.JPG

Here is the balsa sheeting. I forgot to mention, this is edge glued with Titebond III. I apply mist on this side as well.
IMG_0281.JPG

I then remove it from the shuck and place on a flat surface, in that, spreading the polyurethane glue is much easier this way.
IMG_0282.JPG

I then place it back on the shuck, and make sure I have full coverage everywhere.
IMG_0283.JPG

Then I place the belly foam on and examine everything, before applying pressure:
IMG_0284.JPG

I stayed around this for a good 30 minutes, constantly looking at it, to make sure it did not slide down.
IMG_0285.JPG

Again, this is just paranoid me! I look and look at it. This is something that, if you walk away, come back few hours later, and this has moved 1 foot off! SO do not leave this alone for the 1st 30 minutes.
IMG_0286.JPG

here is the end result:
I am happy with it.
IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

Here is the result of the similar process for the turtle-deck. I did not edge glue this one, just taped it together, placed it in the shuck, and then glued it all together.

This one is more likely to slide, so also keep a good look at it for the 1st 30 minutes.

IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG