• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

Covering and Painting takes the most time, in my opinion. This is what everyone sees. Same thing with surgery. If you mess it up inside, no one can see it, but how you close it up, this is how you are judged. SO take your time and make it to your liking.

Early this morning, 5:30 am. I spent one more hour. I was able to place the formers (F4-F7) and glue on the stringers and the bottom ply brace.

Placement of the servo rails in the tail segment, and the remaining formers.
IMG_0259.JPG

Placement of the stringers. There is one full stringer from F1 to F9. there is doubler from F1 to the front of F5, but not engaged into F5.
IMG_0260.JPG

There is a tiny gap between F3 and the Fuselage Side.
IMG_0261.JPG

this is after placement of both stringers on both sides, and right before placement of the bottom plywood brace cap.
IMG_0262.JPG

This is best done with an assistant.
IMG_0263.JPG

here is the plywood bottom brace cap on. SO easy!! just snaps into place.

IMG_0264.JPG

after this step, time to wipe off all the extruded glue and place clamps everywhere!

IMG_0265.JPG

More has been done. About 20 hours total up to now.

The foam belly pan is temporarily being placed just for estimate of the appearance.

Additonally, i really like the placement of the supports for the 1/4" spruce on the gear plate, as this allows and exit for the stingers, if you are using rear dump canisters.
IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

I am in need for a motor! I am thinking a quad cylinder.

Hey, look at that 2nd to last photo, on the right side, there is a huge bug there!! I did not see that while I was there. Hope it does not eat up my airplane!

reyn3545

100cc
Amazing work... You definitely have an advanced OCD, but like most disorders, its fun to watch!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

thurmma

150cc
Cam,

It looks like this plane is not setup for tuned pipes, just canisters. Am I missing something? It just looks like there is no exit past the wing tubes and on my LX the RE3s exit past the trailing edge of the wings.