• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
If your 120 is anything other than the original F-120......(120AC, 120NC, 120SC, 120FZ ) Then a 17x8 APC will have no problems hovering 10lb 3oz. Won't be "foamy like" but will have positive control and authority. I also recommend at least 20% nitro. But 30% does give a noticeable boost in torque especially at throttle levels during hovering. Just don't run it lean or it detonates real bad.

Thanks for all the help. I believe it is a YS120 SF and it is running on 20% nitro. You are correct about running lean learnt that a number of years back with the engine it destroyed a brand new TT spinner. It back fired and blew everything off , lesson not do again.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Another picture :)

.facebook_1504894657728.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well boys going out to the field today with the stretched Pro 260, see how it flies, if it does not fly well it is going to be benched for the rest of the summer and will decide what to do with it if anything.
If it turns out bad will be asking for advice on which 20cc profile plane to get.

BalsaDust

Well boys going out to the field today with the stretched Pro 260, see how it flies, if it does not fly well it is going to be benched for the rest of the summer and will decide what to do with it if anything.
If it turns out bad will be asking for advice on which 20cc profile plane to get.
I might be able to give some advice in that area. :)