Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by GSNadmin, Jul 7, 2017.

1. iflyfloats

iflyfloats New to GSN!

A few more pics[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Luchnia, 49dimes, stangflyer and 4 others like this.
  2. NICE!!!

49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  3. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

It was good times in Tri-Cities. Well, except for the part where I "FORGOT" to put in the canopy bolts on my brand new Yak. A single aileron roll to the left and that silly G-Force pilot bust got sckeerd and pulled the eject handle. Canopy came floating down to the ground. Not badly damaged, but bad enough I packed her up and swore I would not fly her the rest of the three days at the event. Of course I changed my mind. But if that wasn't bad enough...I dumped the brand new Pilot Edge inverted. Again, not badly damaged...a left wing panel and some re-glued hinges and she'll be good as new. Just kind of stupid....LOL. I will get some photos posted probably tomorrow.

All in all, it was great fun. As usual, the Big Kauna, (David Mahan) and SupaTim rocked. I swear, those guys could "huck" a brick.

Sorry I have been absent fellas. Just been trying to get caught up on somethings here at home. That and ordering Yak and Edge parts. Doah!!!
    forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

dhal22, 49dimes, thurmma and 6 others like this.
  4. stangflyer

Cool birds.... I want them "ALL". LOL

5. stangflyer

6. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

With the exception of a pretty stiff breeze, it was a GORGEOUS day today. I took my Pilot Edge and it really loved the cool dry air. The GP61 ran better than ever. I do need to be more careful landing that thing into a stiff headwind. On a calm day it slows down like it has a parachute. Into a stiff wind it slows down like you dropped an anchor.o_O If that wind stops before you land look out! I managed to plop it in on the first landing, thankfully it didn't break anything.

I spent most of my flights today flying a friends foam EDF jet. There were a bunch of them out there today, and we had a blast! Those things are a huge amount of fun, for the money.

49dimes, thurmma, stangflyer and 2 others like this.
  7. Yakman

Yakman 70cc twin V2

A few pix, i think there was like 53 pilots. Great time anyway.

Attached Files:

49dimes, Snoopy1, stangflyer and 6 others like this.
  8. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

dhal22, pawnshopmike and stangflyer like this.
  9. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Bob at Triple Threat RC coming through with the Tri Cities videos!

10. stangflyer

Snoopy1, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.