• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
In all honesty, the Aurora 9X is a LOT more powerful than the 8FGS I had and I'm much happier with this transmitter. The lack of channels is really only a minor setback as there are channel expansion systems out there that can very easily solve that little inconvenience. I love the ease of use, programming this thing is super simple. I just programmed another foamie into it earlier, took me all of 5 minutes to set it up and dial it in to how I like my airplanes. Every menu is laid out right in front of you, super simple to see where you want to go and with just a simple tap you're right into it.

Programming my 8FGS wasn't complicated once I got used to the user interface, but the steep learning curve had me scratching my head a few times and running to the internet for quick help. One thing that bugged me the most is they placed some of the programming menus in different areas of the transmitter and I'd have to be going back and forth with programming when dialing in an airplane. The A9X doesn't have that complication with it, Hitec really thought it out very well when they put it together. It's a very sophisticated transmitter without all of the headaches of trying to figure stuff out. I think I referenced the manual one time to figure out how to soften up the sticks and that was it. Don't get me wrong, I loved my 8FGS, it is still a fantastic transmitter that works great and I have no doubt its new owner will love it as much as I did.

And I'm not just saying that because I'm going to be working for Hitec, I'm saying that with complete and total honesty. It's just a better transmitter in more ways than one. Plus the thing just fits in my hands like a glove. Ergonomics are a big part of being able to fly comfortably and I had zero issues adjusting to this transmitter. It feels like it belongs in your hands, as though it's an extension of yourself.

I'm not superstitious like that at all but there are some days when the ground just seems to be magnetic. Today seemed like one of those days. One of our clubs multirotards went in, then he put one of his airplanes in, @Spats plunked one in, then mine went in, who knows how many more after we left! :eek:
I knew you'd like it. It is an "AMAZING" radio. I have to be honest about my new JR XG11 though. It is much easier to navigate once you get acquainted with it. I think I will hang on to my A9X. But it is also nice to have a more up to date radio too.

Bj,
Sorry bout your yak. Karma got us both. We both now learned that you never take pictures of your plane before you fly and never ask for graphics from Tim. Hehe. No blaming Tim, here, these planes all have expiration dates on them I wish extreme flight would use darker ink when they print that on the airframes because I have a hard time seeing the print.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
We hit 53 degrees today. So nice to actually "feel" a little warmth in the air. The forecast is calling for 60 by Saturday. Keeping fingers crossed for little to no wind. Keeping toes crossed for just a little sunshine. I know a certain PAU that is just aching to be airborne. Oh, that's me that is aching to have it airborne. LOL

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Well had my plane hauler in the shop for a new dash cluster. $425 for that sucker, but now i can go flying again. Been going nuts not being able to get out any. Got stuff on chargers for a few and i'm gone flying.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
Got a first flight on the PAU today even though the flag was full out. Was beautiful out till i got it to the field. Flew it once. Flies very good it wont need much mixing. I did flog on the Yak a few times after that.
IMG_20150205_212952_632.jpg

flycanic

70cc twin V2
IMG_3589.JPG Hey 49dimes made it over. we were out Flying most of the day . Actually working with a couple guys on cross wind landings and such. We had direct cross winds of 10 to 15 Knots. Also Instructing My older bother with his Park Zone Sport cub. Took the Floats off and installed the wheels again. We were hoping Yakman could make it but he was tied up all day. Those little cubs with the AS3X are amazingly stable in up to 15 to 20 Knot winds. I flew my Pilot Yak and was doing tail touch landings in the gusty wind today. On one the wind all most laid it over on its back Close but We pulled it off. We are going out again tomorrow and the way it looks we will be playing in a little more wind as the day goes on. 49 Dimes this was the vid I took last Friday while the freezing rain was rolling in, the wind chill temp was about 15 degrees. Saturday We had the floats on it and flew it at a soccer field off the Snow, temp was 12 degrees PS I will do that next time @49dimes

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey 49dimes made it over. we were out Flying most of the day . Actually working with a couple guys on cross wind landings and such. We had direct cross winds of 10 to 15 Knots. Also Instructing My older bother with his Parks Zone Sport cub. Took the Floats off and installed the wheels again. We were hoping Yakman could make it but he was tied up all day. Those little cubs with the AS3X are amazingly stable in up to 15 to 20 MPH winds. I flew my Pilot Yak and was doing tail touch landings in the gusty wind today. On one the wind all most laid it over on its back Close but We pulled it off. We are going out again tomorrow and the way it looks we will be playing in a little more wind as the day goes on

Cool! Just to let you know...If you put an @ before a members username it will alert that member to your post. Nice feature the Guys put on this GREAT site! Example: @flycanic