• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Shoulda just stayed home today...
View attachment 10890

Inverted dead stick on third flight, had enough altitude to get rolled over and head somewhat towards the runway. But not enough. Fly on a hump and plane disappeared behind the hump. Stalled it and it crashed from 6-10 ft up.

Well it fits in the bed of the truck much better now!

Come on EF, time to stock the Blue and Yellow 88" Edge!
Yikes...I'm thinking I will stay grounded tomorrow.
scared-and-sweating-smiley-emoticon.gif

Shoulda just stayed home today...
View attachment 10890

Inverted dead stick on third flight, had enough altitude to get rolled over and head somewhat towards the runway. But not enough. Fly on a hump and plane disappeared behind the hump. Stalled it and it crashed from 6-10 ft up.

Well it fits in the bed of the truck much better now!

Come on EF, time to stock the Blue and Yellow 88" Edge!
:( Man that sucks! Sorry for the loss.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My little foamie exploded today in the air randomly.... Not exactly certain but I'm pretty sure the firewall just gave up. Some epoxy and a bit of foam and it'll be fine.

New transmitter is working superb :banana-dance:

Mikeq

150cc
My little foamie exploded today in the air randomly.... Not exactly certain but I'm pretty sure the firewall just gave up. Some epoxy and a bit of foam and it'll be fine.

New transmitter is working superb :banana-dance:
I was wondering if you were able to honestly critique it compared to your previous Futaba...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Rob you never struck me as superstitious....Xpress said it was the firewall...not a total loss... All you have to do is walk around your house backwards three times tossing salt over your shoulder and you'll be good to go...;)
LOL...most generally, I am not too superstitious. One day last late summer however, My son, myself, and a handful of guys were out at the field enjoying an awesome day of flying. I had finished flying and was about to pack it in and start putting things away. Then I thought, "Hmm...maybe just one more". My son went for one more flight...doah....in the dirt. Up next was a real nice friend of ours.... Oops.... not a total loss but damaged all the same. Next? 25% Extra. After about an hour of fighting the motor and finally getting it to run, one of the other gentlemen out there took off....Yikes...instant snap then ground loop. Complete total loss. After that, there were two more with damaged planes and.... shaken confidence. I promptly (and quite rapidly) dis-assembled my 260, put her in the truck and called it a day. Sometimes ya just gotta know when to call it and walk away with your winnings. LOL