• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yea it feels pretty good. This plane has been the biggest pain in the ass i have ever done. Modified a lot of stuff to make it a 3d plane. The maiden flight i was like this is the biggest piece of sh!t i have ever flown. Looked at the radio and realized i only put expo on the left side of the plane.lol
Ya think you might still have to add the upthrust once you get the expo balanced?

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Hey @rmyers, what is my Yak 54 doing in your trailer. LOL

It's waiting for my skills to improve. I borrowed the flight batteries for the Sukhoi. The jump from the Aeroworks GT to that big Yak was a little to big for me. The plan is to practice with the Sukhoi and try again. Its funny the Sukhoi doesn't look that much smaller but the wing loading is much better. Is yours the 75cc version?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
We're getting a good drenching today, managed to slip in a flight on a new airplane from Multiplex...
12809652_10209645168272935_8540142714188334590_n.jpg

Looks like no flying for me for the next couple of weeks.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
It's waiting for my skills to improve. I borrowed the flight batteries for the Sukhoi. The jump from the Aeroworks GT to that big Yak was a little to big for me. The plan is to practice with the Sukhoi and try again. Its funny the Sukhoi doesn't look that much smaller but the wing loading is much better. Is yours the 75cc version?
Yes my Yak is the 75cc, altho it has a DA 85 in it. The Yak is a great plane to have loads of fun with, just depends on what type of flying you want to do. Practice is a great idea. If you have help don't wait to fly that Yak,

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I have about 6 flights on my Yak. I don't mind flying it. My landings are another issue. Our field is primitive and our paved runways are somewhat narrow. If I don't get it right down the center line it's damage repair time. Between tearing out the gear in the rough stuff at the edge and getting caught in the sunflowers last summer. It's seen more workbench time than flight time. Hence the Sukhoi to get better on and fly the Yak at the right time.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I have about 6 flights on my Yak. I don't mind flying it. My landings are another issue. Our field is primitive and our paved runways are somewhat narrow. If I don't get it right down the center line it's damage repair time. Between tearing out the gear in the rough stuff at the edge and getting caught in the sunflowers last summer. It's seen more workbench time than flight time. Hence the Sukhoi to get better on and fly the Yak at the right time.
Yes I understand with them landings, I've fixed the landing gear wood twice. The last time I needed help fixing the cannister also. Part of the hobby, part of the fun.