• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

thurmma

150cc
Went out tonight and was able to get the Edge remaidened :) The DLE170 was running good until the last touch and go. It started acting like the ignition was cutting out. Battery is at 87% and all connections are good. Will try it out again tomorrow night and see what happens after extensive running on the ground first. Also maidened an Assassin delta wing! What a riot, when you could see it :) It was getting a little dark and at points it would completely disappear! I can see already that I will need more batteries because that thing was a blast!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Went out tonight and was able to get the Edge remaidened :) The DLE170 was running good until the last touch and go. It started acting like the ignition was cutting out. Battery is at 87% and all connections are good. Will try it out again tomorrow night and see what happens after extensive running on the ground first. Also maidened an Assassin delta wing! What a riot, when you could see it :) It was getting a little dark and at points it would completely disappear! I can see already that I will need more batteries because that thing was a blast!
Did it really happen? Where's the video???
wink-and-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

thurmma

150cc
Did it really happen? Where's the video???View attachment 51728
Dude! It was already past sunset when we finally got it in the air :) I wasn't really worried about the video at that point :) Just wanted to be able to see the plane when it landed :) Now tomorrow night we may have some video of the Edge and the Assassin :) We have 6 of the assassins in the club and we are hoping to get them all in the air at the same time one day.

Alky6

150cc
We spent most of the time working on planes though. We had a maiden on an OMP profile that we kept having problems. You could take the plane up at about a 45 to get to a safe height, level out and it would run out of fuel and die. We ran it on the ground, held it up at an angle and no issue.

Tuning did not affect the problem. Took it back up and out of fuel again. The guy has the tank mounted below the wing and I was concerned that was affecting it. You would think this would not be a problem. Although we don't often do those long 45 degree up-lines inverted. This was with a DLE 20. If any of you have any suggestions let me know and I will tell him.

:D
Could the wind be pinching the fuel line off during flight?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Had a totally awesome time at the 2016 AEF event this past weekend, burned up a lot of electrons. Forgot the wings to my 70" Slick though, not worth a 12 hour round trip to get them :eek::oblong::(

Got to fly a lot of other peoples airplanes though :laughing::D

Including the new Legacy Aviation Turbo Bushmaster, what a stupid fun airplane!! Totally fell in love with it in the gorgeous Arizona sunset:

AEF2016 00005.jpg
AEF2016 00006.jpg