• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The humidity today wasn't as bad as yesterday. Only 75% o_O

Still didn't stop us from shenanigans!

IMG_8418.jpg
IMG_8458.jpg
IMG_8732.jpg
IMG_8658.jpg

emtp275

100cc
We had a nice eve to fly, Myself @mulehead1969 , @ChickenBalls , and @combat chicken. I took the new extra out and could not seem to get it trimmed, I would fly easy and get it like i wanted and as soon as i started banging sticks the trim was way off, I think it is due to spot on arms slipping under stress but luckily I already have a set of SWB's waiting on my pick up from @PlaneNutz1 so We will huck on the 4th!!!

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Bertha and I had a few issues last night. I was beating on her kinda hard, heard some noise, an set up to land. Cowl was coming off, lost a screw, fixed it, right back up. I noticed it kept wanting to climb, and when I went knife edge, it was all over the place. I'd add some down, and soon as I thought it would lock in, I'd be adding some up. It was strange. I kept right on beating on her. I went to fuel up for 5th flight, and reach for top wing, and it MOVED, dummy had forgotten to tighten the strut on the right side top wing:lol2: the left side had started to back out. I started to tighten everything up, and go again, when one of my buds said, ya might want to put her up before you pile her in. I took his advice, and Bertha will live to fly another day, no thanks to me being a DUMMY.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Whenever something odd like that happens I usually do a quick rundown of everything. Check if control surfaces tight, check if elevator halves tight in place, check if wings tight in place, check rudder and ailerons, check cowl, check engine, check gear (cause if it doesn't fly right I want it to at least land on its wheels), and check to see if any odd wrinkles have appeared from stress. Takes 2 minutes and can save your pride and joy :mario-banana:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The humidity today wasn't as bad as yesterday. Only 75% o_O

Still didn't stop us from shenanigans!

View attachment 28928 View attachment 28929 View attachment 28931 View attachment 28930
Dude, I see you struggling with your transmitter. That thing must be a real hand full. You better send it to me before ya "drill" it. :laughing:In all seriousness, Good looking plane, great piloting skills. Just curious though....I've seen the "leaner", the "wanderer" and the "disco dancer". I have even seen the inverted pilot standing on his head to get his plane to go upside down. What do you call that stance???? HMMM????