• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! The difference between a DA85 and a DA100L.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That looks interesting but the carburetor on top I think it will be a problem fitting the cowl, it looks a lot like the old Zenoa 80cc twin.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's interesting that you should pose this question. I watched some youtube videos last night primarily because I wanted to see how the 85 ran and if it shook much. I was actually pretty impressed with how smooth it was. Some say it is as smooth as the DA 60 and DLE 55. Or maybe even smoother. Boy wouldn't that be nice? Guess I would have to see it to believe it. It kind of reminds me of my old Honda XR500. Single lunger and man did it shake. THUMP-THUMP-THUMP. But it sure would climb a tree no problem. LOL. Hey, there ya go...get the 85 and slap it on there. Then look for the highest tree.:laughing:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
When I first got the DA85 it was really rough it would disassembled plane. Spoke to DA about it sent the engine back to them and it came back from them. It now runs as smooth as my Da50 maybe just a little more but nothing that I’m concerned about. But must say like the engine and has run flawlessly. All I need is a little more power that is why I am looking into removing the 80 and installing a 120 on the plane, still pondering the idea. Will decide if I will do the change this coming winter.

Rich G

30cc
As for the DJ engine-I had a DJ80, it was an absolute brute. It had an attitude one day and backfired or something and broke a prop across my middle finger. No cuts or blood but gawd it hurt. Still have the knot on my joint

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You broke a propeller across your fingers and you did not break you finger man you are lucky. You have one strong hand but all that counts is the you did lose any parts and you are ok.

Rich G

30cc
Not something I recommend practicing. Follow thru....
Oddly enough it started the next flip. Had it on an 89" AJ Slik-they really liked each other, the ZDZ50 that I originally had on it was a dog.