• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

** The 3DRCForums 38! **

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, just to turn the heat up a notch, I've just heard from our own Brian "Yak-Dude" Strachan, and he'll be flying out to NJ this July! :D

He'll definitely add some awesome flying to the competition.

TylerS

New to GSN!
I was flying today and was talking to NJSwede who told me about this competition. I'm interested in competing and was wondering if my Aeroworks Extra 260 30cc QB-L would be allowed to compete, it has a DLE-35RA in it. The problem is Aeroworks specs the wing-span at 79" exactly one inch over what the rules allow.

dylang

New to GSN!
I was flying today and was talking to NJSwede who told me about this competition. I'm interested in competing and was wondering if my Aeroworks Extra 260 30cc QB-L would be allowed to compete, it has a DLE-35RA in it. The problem is Aeroworks specs the wing-span at 79" exactly one inch over what the rules allow.

Just cut a half inch off each wing! :facepalm:

gyro

GSN Contributor

I thought they had it listed as 78".
The rules were intended to include that airplane. We'll allow it, and update the rules to reflect that.

TylerS

New to GSN!
I thought they had it listed as 78".
The rules were intended to include that airplane. We'll allow it, and update the rules to reflect that.

Alright thanks... now I just need to practice my routine! You can add me to the list of competitors now!

gyro

GSN Contributor
We're getting close everyone. We're going to open up registration soon, and start assigning a preliminary day of either Thursday or Friday. We expect the Friday slots will go quickly, but we're trying to save them for the out-of-town folks.
Stay tuned!

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I know the minimum span is 50". Is there an allotment for bipe wingspan? Is it too late to be asking about this?

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
** The 3DRCForums 38! ** In conjunction with the NJ FLI, July 11-14th

It's ok if not. I'm still very much a 3d noob. I just enjoy competing for the sake of it. If the answer is no then I'll still come enjoy myself and fly for fun. I just thought I'd ask is all.