• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Team 3DRCF Joe "Hone" Villavicencio

hone

150cc
You've been flying somewhere, what did they do kick you out? I don't get it.

I was flying smaller aircraft previously at Diablo valley rc but the field is no good for 100 cc planes. Power lines, hills, fences, and a small runway.

I've only flown my bigger planes at events and as a guest once or twice at north bay rc. NBRC is where I applied but they're trying to keep the club small(most of the time they fly one at a time. 90% giant scale)

Many of the members at NBRC have ask my friend who is already a member there when I'll be back/joining. It was the decision of those higher up to not allow me to join.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I was flying smaller aircraft previously at Diablo valley rc but the field is no good for 100 cc planes. Power lines, hills, fences, and a small runway.

I've only flown my bigger planes at events and as a guest once or twice at north bay rc. NBRC is where I applied but they're trying to keep the club small(most of the time they fly one at a time. 90% giant scale)

Many of the members at NBRC have ask my friend who is already a member there when I'll be back/joining. It was the decision of those higher up to not allow me to join.

Maybe your friends can bring you in as a guest when the "higher ups" aren't around.

hone

150cc
Maybe your friends can bring you in as a guest when the "higher ups" aren't around.

Lol I'm allowed one more visit but after that I'd rather not deal with the madness. I'm sure you can imagine the type I'm dealing with. The guys that make the rules barely even fly. Clubs like this definitely aren't helping to grow the hobby.

There used to be a field close by in Richmond but that closed a little over a year ago.

Hopefully there is a club or two I overlooked cause most are electric only or just not suitable for large planes :(

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Just noticed this. Thanks, Daren!

I can't believe that club could not make one more spot for what would surly be an added asset to the membership. Were there other issues?

hone

150cc
I can't believe that club could not make one more spot for what would surly be an added asset to the membership. We're there other issues?

Not as far as I know. I've only been there a few times and everyone was super nice! I flew less than the regular members so I wouldn't be hogging the air space. I asked about the rules on my first day there and made sure to abide by them! There is no reason I can think of other than these guys want to keep their membership small. I talked with all the guys that were there and everyone was excited for me to join.

I still didn't meet all the board members though. The person who said no has probably never even met me.

I think they added 10 people this year and that was the limit.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Not as far as I know. I've only been there a few times and everyone was super nice! I flew less than the regular members so I wouldn't be hogging the air space. I talked with all the guys that were there and everyone was excited for me to join. I asked about the rules on my first day there and made sure to abide by them!

I still didn't meet all the board members though. The person who said no has probably never even met me.

I think they added 10 people this year and that was the limit.

I'd keep after them. Go back to the members who you did meet and get along with. Maybe they didn't attend the meeting when the vote was taken. If you need a recommendation let us know here. I will give you one as a club VP sight unseen just based on your enthusiasm, talent and helpfulness in the forums. I'd love to have you as a member Joe.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Lol I'm allowed one more visit but after that I'd rather not deal with the madness. I'm sure you can imagine the type I'm dealing with. The guys that make the rules barely even fly. Clubs like this definitely aren't helping to grow the hobby.

There used to be a field close by in Richmond but that closed a little over a year ago.

Hopefully there is a club or two I overlooked cause most are electric only or just not suitable for large planes :(

It's not easy to find good RC fields in California. I fly at an electric only field down here in San Diego with no limit to the number of members, we fluctuate between 280 to over 300. Seems like a ridiculous amount but somehow we manage. We do have a couple members flying 90 inch class planes, but honestly the field is too small for that.