• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Team 3DRCF Jacob "3dbandit" Pollak

3dbandit

100cc
This years class schedule...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 309

3dbandit

100cc
I just got back from E-Week, and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the best event I have ever been to.

First thing to be said about the week is that Triple Tree is AWESOME!!!!!!! Hats off to Mr.Hartness and the Triple Tree crew for all the hard work and effort not only into throwing this event but also in building the facility.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............

I arrived to triple tree Thursday evening to drop off my trailer, that's when the shenanigans began.
I was immediately greeted by the EF crew, those guys are a hoot.
We flew all sorts of things at night and told all kinds of stories and jokes.
Friday

The flying started Early in the AM.

Mr. Hinson and the EF boys broke out a bunch of planes and put on one heck of a show. They even brought out the 91" yak to tease us with.

Every one had a blast.

There was soooooooo much flying going on, it was impossible to count flights.
.................................................. .............................................
Satuday...

The fun continued...

Flying started bright and early. I unfortunately didn't arrive until around noon so i don't have too much to add for Saturday morning.

The noon demos were off the hook.
Demos encompassed everything from 150MPH helicopters, to combat/racing of foamies, to hardcore down on the deck 3D.

Up on the mainline, they also throw down, but in there own way.

Team Horizon pilot Rob Lynch did some insane 235 mph knife edge passes down hill on the runway with a Jet (BVM Electra). He had green stains on his wingtips... :cool:

Saturday afternoon the flying was just nutz, so was the ground racing... I must say, the Twisted hobbys turbo beaver can play car almost as well as it flies.

Just a little after the demos, we began our biggest shenanigan of all... The unofficial EXTREME FLIGHT RC EXP 60" EXTRA "CONTROL LINE EDITION" from the mind of Mr.Chris Jewett.
[video=youtube;sHQMggF9Pko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQMggF9Pko[/video]

We continued messing around and having a blast flying late into the night.
A bunch of guys had night flying rigs that made it feel like day time...
Ones again, thanks to everyone who let me fly their planes during the day and especially at night!
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....
Here is a walk through of the hangar.
[video=youtube;UflYEYcl1yE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UflYEYcl1yE[/video]

Photos:IMG_0458.jpgIMG_0452.jpgIMG_0450.jpgIMG_0446.jpgIMG_0436.jpgIMG_0431.jpgIMG_0430.jpgIMG_0426.jpgIMG_0424.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3dbandit

100cc
Sounds like a freakin' blast dude! Thanks for the pics and videos :thumbup:

It was such a blast.

One of these days, you have to make it over to the east coast for some of our awesome fly-ins ...

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
It was such blast.

You have to make it over to the east coast for some of our awesome fly-ins one of these days...

Oh yeah, i definitely am planning on making out that way for some events one of these days for sure! Maybe i'll make it to one next year :)

3dbandit

100cc
[video=youtube;FKugspEYz00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKugspEYz00[/video]

A little "strength testing" of my old 104" extra.

3dbandit

100cc
Next weekend I will be competing at the AMPS-RC IMAC Aerobatic Challenge and Freestyle Competition!!!!!!

I am going to try and get some video of my new freestyle routine. I will be using a cool new maneuver in my routine ( or at-least I think it is new, I have never seen anyone else perform it). :cool:

:peace:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Next weekend I will be competing at the AMPS-RC IMAC Aerobatic Challenge and Freestyle Competition!!!!!!

I am going to try and get some video of my new freestyle routine. I will be using a cool new maneuver in my routine ( or at-least I think it is new, I have never seen anyone else perform it). :cool:

:peace:

Good luck Jacob, I'm sure you'll do excellent. Looking forward to some pics, and hopefully a video! :)