• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show off Warbird photos...you know you have one!

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Heres an odd one of mine,

Q1.jpg

Larry B

70cc twin V2
P3.JPG
Thank you John, the airplane is a model of a Lublin R-IIIXD which was a Polish observation airplane used in the 30's and it was still in service when Germany invaded Poland. I built the model to 1/4 scale which gives it a span of 132", power is a Saito FG 36 gas four stroke. It tips the scales at just 26lbs so the thing flies like a giant Sig Kadet!
It has been to Top Gun 3 times but it really lacks the "WOW" factor so it will never be a winner (And there are way better models there). I did fly it to a third place several years ago at the Scale Masters championships in Rosewood IN. I have since retired it from the contest life and now it's just a fun-flyer on nice days at my local field.

M8.JPG
View attachment 94910
O8.JPG

Last edited:

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Wow again !! I was going to say "You should enter it in Top Gun" when I first saw it & here you already had it there , ha !! Thanks for putting it on here & I'll be watching for more of your great work !!