Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Bipeguy03, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    @Jetpainter the cad program you are using is turbo cad when it saves the files is it .dwg and can AutoCAD read it.

2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Turbocad uses it's own file type, .tcw but you can also save as a .dwg and several others.

3. Jetpainter

A big tube showed up today with S1-11B plans in it.:)

4. :woohoo!:

Jetpainter likes this.
  5. Jetpainter

After I got home from a beautiful day at the flying field, I worked on the Samson plan. I'm starting to get the basic shapes of the formers to look like something.

Drawing2.JPG Drawing3.JPG

BalsaDust, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  6. FYI @Jetpainter @Snoopy1 @Bipeguy03
    I work for Autodesk, and we have a CAD/CAM platform called Fusion 360. It includes 2D and 3D CAD and also includes a CAM package that can program CNC machines. You can download a 30 day trial and, as a hobbyist, you can then register for a free license as a hobbyist. It's a fantastically powerful package for a hobbyist.

Snoopy1, Jetpainter and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. Jetpainter

Sounds cool, I may give it a try.

8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    IMG_1749.JPG Ok with all you gentleman talking about Biplanes you made me get interested again. Built a Skybolt many years ago flew it for a season. And then put it away just got frustrated with assembling it at the field loved the plane but not the assemble. Note at the time did not have van just a car. So a week ago cleaned up the plane and put all new radio gear into the plane and changed the wheels to a set of larger Airman wheels. Still need to do a few things and it should be ready for its second maiden flight in a week or so.

thepamster, WMcNabb, Wacobipe and 4 others like this.
  9. thepamster

thepamster 70cc twin V2

Mmmmm....Skybolts......:yesss:

Snoopy1 likes this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Thanks for the info. Was good at AutoCAD a few years back but can still draw what I need but never had the chance to learn 3D can. You recommend a good book or something that i can follow through one drawing from start to finish to get an idea how to do 3D. Thanks.