• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo bench testing

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Just so you guys know I have been using HXT900 9gram servos and Tower pro SG90 9gram servos and they are very good. Stay centered and are quiet.
I just received those Digital TowerPro 200oz servos today. Hardware is a joke. But I think I have used something like these before like 6 years ago and they out performed my 5645 and 5625 servos. Waiting for my new receiver then I will plug them in.

Everything 30cc and up gets metal arms. during some testing we watched the dubro arms flex. Only thing I need in the box are the grommets. I also change all the servo screws to socket head cap screws. M2.6 for Hitec and M3 for all the rest except JR. Not sure what they use.

I have not done any research, but I don't know what method to use for speed testing. I tend to believe speed info more than torque, but those D658s were way off.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=2667]FlyMike1[/MENTION]
The little D220 blow all the other 9 gram servos I have used out of the water IMHO. Speed and centering. About $6 to boot. The big advantage over the HXT 9 g is gear train durability.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=2667]FlyMike1[/MENTION]
The little D220 blow all the other 9 gram servos I have used out of the water IMHO. Speed and centering. About $6 to boot. The big advantage over the HDTV 9 g is gear train durability.

Cool thanks I will keep that in mind the next time I get a foamy

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Kinda off topic. I am looking forward to these tests. I would love to save some cash without the fear of failure or Compromised performance.

I does come in a pretty case and looks nice.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394560136.900819.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394560144.730167.jpg