• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo bench testing

Today [MENTION=443]ghoffman[/MENTION] came over and we setup his servo testing rig and tested a few servos. I wanted to test this heli servo I got that turned out to be a total bust. I am going to modify it and do video and some more formal testing but here is what we got today.

Hitec 7955 336 oz/in
Hitec 7950 400 oz/in
Futaba BLS-157 400 oz/in
heli servo 192 oz/in (520 was claimed)

Previously Gary got 440 oz/in on his Savox 2270 with this rig which is right at claimed spec. Troy built did a test with 7955s that yielded similar results so we are on the right track.

Just some data points.

SnowDog

Good stuff Matt and Gary...thanks for providing this...what other servos do you plan to do?

also, what voltage were you running and are you planning to do any speed tests?

I forgot to put that in there. Unregulated lipo. By the end of the testing it was sagging to 7.9V under load. We were also looking at amps on some of them. I am going to do a more formal test with video later once I get the setup better.

Don't have a mechanism for speed testing. I tend to believe that spec more than torque.

I have a few Solar servos I want to know about and some more Hitecs like 5565, 5685, 5665. I am doing this for my own edification for servo selection. Once I have the getup made we should be able to relicate testing very quickly for any new servo that comes.

[MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] I would like to see a xq 4020 tested, just curious what these will do was thinking about buying a few for my redwing slick when it gets here, do you happen To have one

gyro

GSN Contributor
Stay tuned for an official site review of these servos.
We're currently flying with a full set of them on the airplane in my avatar, and so far so good.
Just want to get a few more flights in before we make our conclusions.
Our review will include a bench torque test as we did with the Hitec 9370TH servos.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I wouldn't mind sending you one of my used power hd 1214th servos to test. I'd want it back of course ;)

Parts for our more robust system are coming from China, despite what Amazon said. Be a few weeks till that gets here. Solar 772s showed up. I also want to test the Tactic and this one $18 servo from HK.

[MENTION=157]RotorJockey[/MENTION] bought some hk servos and has some pretty good luck with them which ones where they Fred