• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Saito 61cc Four Stroke Gas Engine, NEW!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Strictly out of curiosity, was your buddy's engine baffled and was he running on the upper end of the prop range? Just curious, I'm a sucked for four strokes, only thing I miss about glow engines is the smell, and the sound of the Saito.
He did no baffling on the 330. We looked it over really well and it so happens the cylinders are directly behind the cowl cut outs. Allowing full force of air right over the cylinders. Now as for air exit...keeping the above standard for air exit, the bottom of the cowl is opened up, allowing all air to dump out the bottom. The motor seemed to run quite cool. I do feel however a slightly lighter loaded prop would have yielded him a bit better results. He's a die hard 4 stroke guy, so grunting around is kind of his style. What do you say to a gent that owns three Moki radials, a Valach 210 twin, a Kolm flat four 4 stroke, various Saito 4 stroke gassers? Leaving out the others I can't even remember at this point. I too am a sucker for 4 strokes. Just haven't been impressed with the performance of them until recently.
Gen Saito did what I could not get YS to do ( I used to write to the Yamada's about a large bore boxer twin). And now his legacy unfolds to the big gas engine arena! YS did do a proto 120 twin before releasing the original F-120. I used to have pictures but got lost between desk top computer change outs.
And also if Gen had mass produced his flat boxer style 6 cylinder 4 stroke in a larger version, I would sell my soul to get my hungry, aching and fondling hands all over one. Perhaps the 250cc flat 6 DA is bringing to Nall will be worth the temptation of acquiring. I don't see it as being a huge power house. But then when ya got's one of those under the hood of your badest ride...you don't even have to start it or fly it to be cool. That's pure coolness through osmosis. :banana-dance:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
To be honest I think the 250 four stroke is intended for their UAV engine offerings. If it does become available to the RC public it will be another one that I will only dream about:cryin:.

4 banger 2.jpg
4 banger.jpg