Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Road to Top Gun — Robert Russ’ 46% Pitts Special

Discussion in 'Giant Scale News' started by GSNadmin, Mar 9, 2017.

1. 100" wingspan Pitts Challenger. All rib stitching, and pinked tape applied to fuselage and wings etc. Next is to seal the fabric.

DSC06973.JPG DSC06974.JPG

WMcNabb, Jetpainter, Snoopy1 and 3 others like this.
  2. I have a few days home with not much to do, waiting on some deliveries, so thought I'd tackle the Pitts tail a little. Pulled the fabric from the fuse, the ply that use to be the top of the stab was nearly powder, nothin but tiny splinters in the bottom of the fuse. Cut and sanded everything cleanly, added some balsa filler between two 1/16ths ply. When dry I can add the balsa rib caps and perimeter on top.

Attached Files:

3. The tail repair is complete and awaiting covering. I have straightened the mains, rebuilt the seat mount, and removed a lot of excess wood that was installed then not used. Maybe I can get another day this weekend for the cowl repairs.
    By the way, this is still the road to Top Gun as this is what need's to be done to get there this year. Make repairs, fly it some, take it to an event, then on to TG again.

Attached Files:

4. So, I know this is not a Pitts Bulldog, but I thought I post it here anyways. I just completed a custom project for a Pitts Challenger II in 100" wingspan. All there's left to do is to pull the canopy. Customer will do the paint job on it.

Anyone interested in the Pitts Bulldog?? Still offering kits.

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike and acerc like this.
  5. I am, I am! Started painting today, so hopefully soon.

6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    @Blazing Wings
    Ok the black plane in the back ground what is that is that by any chance the same winged aeroplane that flew at JoeNall this year. That was a very interesting plane an it flew well .

7. That is my Horton WW2 1/4 scale full composite model.

8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Have you flown the plane. That must be quite the plane to balance and fly.

9. Not yet, could not afford to purchase turbines for it..yet. So, she's dormant. However, I plan to build another one same size, but to fly electric turbines. When I have nothing else to do, I will pick up on it again.

Snoopy1, Jetpainter and acerc like this.
  10. When you have nothing else to do, Ha. It'll never get finished then.... :spongebob:

Snoopy1 and Jetpainter like this.