• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
20160302_121712.jpg
Greeves pipes I am assuming?
No...dang guy in Northern Idaho must have changed his mind. I built my own custom exhaust.
WELL ? ! ? ! ? ! . . . . . . . . :laughing:
Got a video coming. But till then, I'm pleased with the 212. Bone dry with both chokes on...14 flips. Bark! Chokes off, 7 flips. Each restart after 10 to 15 minute waits, no choke three flips faithfully. The motor is oh so quiet. The exhaust...a silent hush really. Unfortunately my custom exhaust system is apparently too restrictive. Top rpm, 4480. Ugh. Oh well, had to try.

50cc
Just work on opening the pipes up a little at a time , to get ballance rpm & sound.
things don't all ways work the first time.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Oh well, Good on ya for trying. Allot of people would have just butchered up the cowl by now. . . . . :way_to_go:. So, what's your plan of attack next?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Video of the 3w 212 powered Yak. Sure wish it had turned out better. Although the motor runs well and quiet...the exhaust is just not open enough to create the power the 212 can offer. Plus, with it not breathing correctly, it has a tendency to want to die when coming off full power down to idle.
Oh well, Good on ya for trying. Allot of people would have just butchered up the cowl by now. . . . . :way_to_go:. So, what's your plan of attack next?
Thank you David. Next plan of attack? I give up. Contacted Gerhard at AI today. He still has the complete set of stock exhaust available. I also put in a call to Mr. Bill Hemple himself. As I know he has extensive experience, knowledge and success running the 212 on different exhaust configurations. If there is "ANYTHING" other than stock exhaust that can be made to work, he would know. JMO. If that fails? I will cough up $345.00 plus shipping for the J&A stockers. I am exhausted, (no pun intended) with the exhaust issues of this motor. Not to mention quite disappointed as well.

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Don't let your exhaust difficulties get you down, Buddy. I'm sure the first time you get to do some huckin' with your big Yak, you won't be able to get the grin off your face for a month. . . . . :big_yes: