• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC Extra 330SC 50-60CC

SnowDog

Finished up the elevators today...now to install the wing servos...slow but steady progress...I was out flying all morning...great flying weather today!

SnowDog

Got to fly my 71" Slick all weekend (awesome weather)...waiting on landing gear for my 89" Slick...and working on my 89" Extra in the evenings. :)

Finished one wing...gap sealed, servo installed (wing mounted, not pocket mounted), control horn glued in, turnbuckle installed...good to go.

wash rinse and repeat on second wing tonight...then the pull pull rudder, then on to the rest of the fuselage. :)

a buddy maidened his 50cc Pilot Edge this weekend...DA 60 on cans, runs really nice!

CANT WAIT to start up the GP-61!!!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Got to fly my 71" Slick all weekend (awesome weather)...waiting on landing gear for my 89" Slick...and working on my 89" Extra in the evenings. :)

Finished one wing...gap sealed, servo installed (wing mounted, not pocket mounted), control horn glued in, turnbuckle installed...good to go.

wash rinse and repeat on second wing tonight...then the pull pull rudder, then on to the rest of the fuselage. :)

a buddy maidened his 50cc Pilot Edge this weekend...DA 60 on cans, runs really nice!

CANT WAIT to start up the GP-61!!!

Right on!!! It's always a good feeling when you can get out and fly all weekend. Getting my plane up this last weekend sure did give me a shot in the arm. Just a few hours on the sticks recharges my batteries for another week at work!

bruceman

50cc
Snowdog and another club member helped to get my new Pilot Edge tuned in this weekend. This is my first gasser so I admit, I was (still am) pretty nervous. Everyone was pretty impressed at how smooth and quiet the DA60 is on a proflow can. Thanks for the help Snowdog!!!!

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I hear you snowdog, hard to build in the summer! Esspecially for us midwest folks when out of no where winter could be in early Oct. I'll be mounting and setting up all my servos this week. Hit a snag with the motor mount. Working it out.

Jake

SnowDog

I hear you snowdog, hard to build in the summer! Esspecially for us midwest folks when out of no where winter could be in early Oct. I'll be mounting and setting up all my servos this week. Hit a snag with the motor mount. Working it out.

Jake

Would like to know what the snag was with the motor mount?

I finished the other wing last night! Need to install rudder servo and connect pull pull cables, then I'll start working on the engine.
What length standoffs are you using?

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Would like to know what the snag was with the motor mount?

I finished the other wing last night! Need to install rudder servo and connect pull pull cables, then I'll start working on the engine.
What length standoffs are you using?

The snag is I assumed and did not research or think to do a full measure. I assumed a DLE55 and 61 were the same mount. But me being lazy just put two standoffs on caddy corner to eachother and line up perfect so I again assumed I was right. Well, pilot holes, full size holes and me going "bleep bleep bleep" I was wrong. Good news is, I can fix it. Bad news is, I messed up. Lessons learned in life, don't be lazy and assume you're right.

SnowDog

The snag is I assumed and did not research or think to do a full measure. I assumed a DLE55 and 61 were the same mount. But me being lazy just put two standoffs on caddy corner to eachother and line up perfect so I again assumed I was right. Well, pilot holes, full size holes and me going "bleep bleep bleep" I was wrong. Good news is, I can fix it. Bad news is, I messed up. Lessons learned in life, don't be lazy and assume you're right.

hmmm....strange....earlier in this thread it was stated that the DLE-55 and the GP-61 DO have the same firewall mounting pattern...?
how is the GP-61 firewall bolt pattern different from the DLE-55 firewall bolt pattern?

gyro

GSN Contributor
hmmm....strange....earlier in this thread it was stated that the DLE-55 and the GP-61 DO have the same firewall mounting pattern...?
how is the GP-61 firewall bolt pattern different from the DLE-55 firewall bolt pattern?

He'a talking about DLE61, which has same mount as a DLE55RA