• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 50cc slick 540 build log

Well..i will get started on my slick later in the Week.. Just sold my 3dhs 89 slick today.. so my Redwing slick will get this gear.. and then there will be a Redwing Extra 330sc in my future also.. Yippe I love me a extra.. so here is the Gear the Slick will get..

The Power plant will be my gp 61,, Was going to use.. the Pte 60 I have from Tim to test but still waiting on the muffler.. to come in so I will go ahead and use the gp 61 on this one since it is broken in.. that away I can start Throwing Down.. right after the madien flight.. and not have to break a engine in.. I will run the pte 60 on my Redwing Extra..

For Servos it will get Savox 1231 on all the control surfaces.. yeah baby thats 444 oz of raw power on each.. control surface.... all this plane will be asking me is what do you want me to do next lol.

For the Power of the Electronics.. It will be powerd by two redwing Life 2100 batts, with Taildragger Rc.. Deans in Deans Out Heavy duty Charge Switches on a Smart fly batt Share for Totaly Redundancy..

For the Opto kill I will go with the Tec Aero Ibec as in i already have one.. and it has worked flawlessly in the past..

I cant wait to get to fly this plane.. the last one I built for a friend came in at 15 pounds on a dle 55 on a pitts.. now if i can get mine in at 15.5 on the gp 61 this plane will be a rocket

Sounds like a good spot for me to plunk down my build photos as well. I have my initial dump so far of unboxing it.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1000...s/6020483122881343569?authkey=CKPVq8fCgfiPmQE

IMG_0499.JPG

Well.. I got some work in on mine tonight.. got the Wheel pants on and also.. got the motor box pinned and.. hinged the Rudder.. I dunno if any of yall saw my rebuild of the other brand slick I did but i added some Apple green in with the Orange and it really brought it out.. I might do the same thing with this one..

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well.. I got some work in on mine tonight.. got the Wheel pants on and also.. got the motor box pinned and.. hinged the Rudder.. I dunno if any of yall saw my rebuild of the other brand slick I did but i added some Apple green in with the Orange and it really brought it out.. I might do the same thing with this one..

Can you explain in depth, and show with photos, exactly what it takes to pin a motorbox? I've always wondered

Are you running those savox 1231 on unregulated LiFe packs, or regulated to 6v?
I am thinking about giving those a try on my next 50cc build.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Are you running those savox 1231 on unregulated LiFe packs, or regulated to 6v?
I am thinking about giving those a try on my next 50cc build.

All the Savox 6v servos are safe on 6.6v unregulated life batteries.

Unreg life. Well got off work early today due to a bad storm and 70-80 mph straight line winds... bummed Jonesboro up pretty good.. and knocked out power to over 90 percent of the city.. so what else to do but come home and build on the slick.. uploadfromtaptalk1402003278668.jpgused a little light bass wood to make more mount room in the fuse