• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 50cc slick 540 build log

uploadfromtaptalk1402448517869.jpgrx beds came in today from azhar the plane is shaping up nice and neat. Madien set for Saturday at the Memphis prop busters flyin

uploadfromtaptalk1402460044441.jpgairframe is complete. Just have to mount cowl.. and cut vent holes in the fuse. Will hinge wings tomorrow night and install Wong servos

uploadfromtaptalk1402547712718.jpgpretty clean install so far.. The fuse is now done.. switches came in today. Also got the wings all hinged and control points glued in uploadfromtaptalk1402547712718.jpgI used the surface mount.. on the wing.. I just don't trust a 444 oz servo in a hidden door.. but I'm sure.. that it would have been fine in there ..and made a much neater install but I would have needed a little bigger arm than what I had so I went the surface mount...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402547841173.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402547841173.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 283

SnowDog

wow -= that's cool - I didn't know the surface mount pocket was still there!!! nice to have that option

Yes they are. I have 2 7950s and 8 7955s and I know the 50s have issues being rudder servos. I need 2 airplanes worth of servos out of these so the 50s go in a pair somewhere. Originally I was going to use my spare BLS157 on rudder but it has to go back to hobby services and that never goes well.

Last edited by a moderator: