• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Recommendations - EF or PA

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
As long as we are bragging about watt numbers, the new MKII Torque motor will do 1500 watts on a Xoar 15x8 or 1750 with a Aeronaut 15x8. That motor is awesome.

Anyway, if you want to try a 60" plane from EF you should consider the MXS or Extra. The reason that I say that instead of encouraging you to get the Edge is that the Edge has a very similar feel to the 57" 3DHS Extra. They are both extremely stable, easy to fly, and forgiving. Both are fantastic airplanes, but IMO it would be a bit redundant to have two planes that are so similar. Both the 60" Extra EXP and MXS are much different airplanes. The Extra is extremely precise and locked in, and the MXS is fast and wild while still being stable and capable of precision.

SnowDog

As long as we are bragging about watt numbers, the new MKII Torque motor will do 1500 watts on a Xoar 15x8 or 1750 with a Aeronaut 15x8. That motor is awesome.

Anyway, if you want to try a 60" plane from EF you should consider the MXS or Extra. The reason that I say that instead of encouraging you to get the Edge is that the Edge has a very similar feel to the 57" 3DHS Extra. They are both extremely stable, easy to fly, and forgiving. Both are fantastic airplanes, but IMO it would be a bit redundant to have two planes that are so similar. Both the 60" Extra EXP and MXS are much different airplanes. The Extra is extremely precise and locked in, and the MXS is fast and wild while still being stable and capable of precision.

WOW - great numbers from that MKII Torque motor!

Good info on the EF Extra and MXS...if I ever got an MXS, that sounds like the one to get.