• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Rebuilding the Compy MX2.

No. I will possibly have the MX2 with me. Probably gonna be a marathon build. I won't build what doesn't need to be built. May need to get a new servo arm, one bent on impact.

So, the long winded answer from above is yes, I will be there. Just so happens that GreenE has an airplane for me to pick up!

Chattanooga 3D Jam. I know it is in late August. Need to check for the dates and post them here. (Last full weekend of August)

Got some decent video of my MX2 down and dirty on the deck. I had forgot that I didn't trim the cowl for air exhaust, and seen it while I was flying, and working the KE mix in. So, I kept telling myself keep the 3D to a minimum. It almost bit me hard. Had a quad floating around, non FPV, wanted some down and dirty video. Ok. No prob. About 1.5 mins into the hover, I hear the engine start to loose some go go, so I shoved the nose over and hit the loud pedal! So, I flew around at full speed and climbed for altitude and dead sticked it in. She was warm, I'll say that.

Last edited:
Solid!! I like playing with it! Could use a little more elevator.....

Kept the aileron ATV at 100%. Ailerons felt a little slow on low rates, so I dropped the expo from 40 to 30%. Made it better.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Bunky, don't you know Carf's are "Aerobaticly useless". ;)

Sooooo, lemme get this straight.......that dude calls his thumbs "carfs"? Strange:oblong:

Attachments

• redneck.gif
    redneck.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 302
Not really... I hung out last year some, then drove home. This year, I think Chad from TDRC is wanting to just go to a fly in and have fun. Talked a little about it, and bring a little product, but not set up. If he sells enough to cover expenses or more, then its a success.

Just think, this may be one of the very last RARC Corvus 108" to get. It kinda sucks....... May have to figure out a way to get 2 of them...... Spare airplane!

Last edited: