• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Rebuilding the Compy MX2.

Started setting things up last nite. Got the rudder pushrods made. I may end up raising the servos into the fuse some. I miscalculated the location of the servo. So pushrod geometry is off a little. I could flip the servo over, if the output shaft is towards the rear more. But if it is fwd, I will raise the servo about 1/2".

I just dont like the resting (neutral rudder) angle of the pushrod.

It also pays to pay attention to the servo lay out in our radios. Ignition kill wasnt working. So, I bound to a known working model, and same deal. Started checking plug locations, sure enough, 1 channel off.

Also going to make up some battery mounts so I can mount my packs to the side of the fuse, next to the fuel tanks. Then need to finish balancing aileron servos. Then it is maiden time.

It will be great to have Screech back flying!! One of the most fun flying 40%s I have even flown! Also, the most powerful! The QS 150 with a Falcon 31x10W pulls so stinking hard, it jumps out of a hover!

reyn3545

100cc
The rudder servos are tucked up under the horizontal stab, so don't worry about how they look. Just let it go.

As for the motor, I have to agree. My other MX-2 had a DA170 on it, this one has a 3W 157 CS-TS. I think the 157 has noticeably more power, but the other plane was 3 or 4 years ago, I could be wrong. Regardless, it will go from an almost stall to completely vertical in a flash, even with a 3-blade and cans.

She is tucked away in the trailer. May not get to do much with it tomorrow, but if the rain pours like they are saying on Sat, then I will have lots of time.

Just have to set up balance mode on the aileron servos and button up the fuse wiring. :)

Well....... she flowed! Put 2 flights on it. And so far, all good. Need to open up the bottom of the cowl for cooling air, but all in all, Screech is back!

Now for the crap news...... Corvus took a dirt nap...... Tony GreenE is gonna hook me up in Chattanooga with another airplane. I think the problem was electrical. Probably a kill switch issue.

As of right now, yes. If I come, looks like a 2 day trip. Build the new Corvus 1 day, and fly it the next! :)

I have to pay for it, and then get it.