• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Rebirth of the GP 1/4 Scale Patty Wagstaff

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
That looks fantastic! The graphics are always the tough part for me and mine aren't anything compared to the size of that watch face!

fencelake

70cc twin V2
Thank you!

I ordered the graphics from B&E, and on their site they advertise that the graphics are easy to install and don't bubble. I was a little skeptical at first because of the size, but I will tell you... at first I was using this spray that was supposed to make it easier, but then I realized that these WERE so easy to put on that all I had to do was peel and stick them on and then rub any areas out with my fingers. I was really impressed with B&E, the quality of the resolution, and the ease of installation.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Very nice job. And ya know, even though the canopy and cowling paint don't match, it kinda works anyway!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
It is a badass scheme. Orange is a horrible color to try to match, and if you don't use primer sealer it's even worse. Great job on the re-cover man!!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i was thinking the same thing Earle, the mismatched cowl and canopy kinda looks like it should be that way.

but wow! what a nice job on the plane overall! i hate to say it but it's making me want to strip the 35% Cap I brought home this past weekend. the monokote is all loose and I don't want to do graphics over the top of the old monokote!

Nice job Fencelake!

fencelake

70cc twin V2
Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about it. I will tell you one thing. Changing the hinges from the fiberglass tape to the Robart Pins made it a completely different airplane. When I was doing IMAC maneuvers for example, I had to make all of these little inputs to do what I wanted, and now if I want an inverted 45 degree upline I just roll it over and it goes... any little movement now is visible. So it's a lot tighter and more responsive, if that makes sense.

I haven't given up on the canopy and cowling. I sanded the cowling quite a bit, and then used 2 coats of white primer. The orange that I used matched exactly in tests, but came out darker on the pieces. I don't know what happened. I know I can get a white cowling from Fiberglass Specialties, so I may try it, but ya'll are right, it almost looks like it belongs there.

fencelake

70cc twin V2
i was thinking the same thing Earle, the mismatched cowl and canopy kinda looks like it should be that way.

but wow! what a nice job on the plane overall! i hate to say it but it's making me want to strip the 35% Cap I brought home this past weekend. the monokote is all loose and I don't want to do graphics over the top of the old monokote!

Nice job Fencelake!
I vote "Do it!" Once I got into it, it wasn't as daunting as I first thought it was going to be and totally worth it.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I happened to be there for the re-maiden on Sunday. Visibly the plane looks like it flies much tighter and looks to be tracking very true.

The covering scheme looks even better in person and while in the air the scheme is very easy to see. Great job on the repairs and refreshed look!