• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RealFlight 6 Models

Yoda

30cc
Thank you! It is really nice having my favorite Extreme Flight model for Real Flight. Both versions do big sky precision well, but I noticed something a little funny with slow-N-low flight characteristics. It's like there's a lot of drag on the plane and you can really feel it when doing slow-N-low 3D.

The following rework, uploaded to Knife Edge by Aurora, appears to have fixed all the slow speed handling niggles. It too requires that the original file be installed, so I'll include both for those installing this model in Real Flight for the first time:

View attachment 19858
View attachment 19859

Addendum: The reworked version is very realistic for both big sky precision and slow-N-low 3D. Feels very much like my real Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300.
[MENTION=1172]3DeltaFly[/MENTION]. I have RF7 and wasn't really impressed with the models there for 3D flying. I've subscribed to this site and have found nothing but helpful, generous people.

I downloaded your Extra 300 and WOW!!! Just what I need. Thank you for this. I'm looking at getting the PA AddictionX or the Katana MX and found one on Knife Edge but it is tiny and the prop is enormous so won't run. I don't know how to increase the size of the plane or reduce the size of the prop in the Aircraft edit menu. But your Extra is just the job to start.

Yoda

abaser

50cc
[MENTION=1172]3DeltaFly[/MENTION]. I have RF7 and wasn't really impressed with the models there for 3D flying. I've subscribed to this site and have found nothing but helpful, generous people.

I downloaded your Extra 300 and WOW!!! Just what I need. Thank you for this. I'm looking at getting the PA AddictionX or the Katana MX and found one on Knife Edge but it is tiny and the prop is enormous so won't run. I don't know how to increase the size of the plane or reduce the size of the prop in the Aircraft edit menu. But your Extra is just the job to start.

Yoda
In the editor, set the settings to advanced. In the parameters you should see fuselage. Click that and find engine and click it. You should now be able to adjust prop size and pitch.

Yoda

30cc
[MENTION=1441]abaser[/MENTION]. Thanks. I'll give that a go and maybe 'play' with the settings. There don't seem to be any how to instructions regarding set up with RF7.