• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Race to the rain

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
G
Yes, I'm an Aggie myself but there are one or two from my family who went to Tech. It's nice to see some more Texas guys on here though!
Generally speaking, the animosity between the Aggies and Red Raiders is intense. But, I'm not the backside of Will Rogers' horse. Know what I mean?!?!

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
G

Generally speaking, the animosity between the Aggies and Red Raiders is intense. But, I'm not the backside of Will Rogers' horse. Know what I mean?!?!

I never really understood the whole animosity thing to be honest....A&M never really cared about Tech as much as tu....it was like a big hate triangle that never ended. Tech hates A&M, A&M hates tu, tu hates Oklahoma...any who, we're all here about the planes! Just glad to see more and more people popping up on GSN from our area and really any where in general.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I'm all about the planes too. Friendly rivalries are a lot of fun until they get out of control. In the 70's when I was a freshman at tech, a group of misguided Aggie fans got into the stable where Charcoal Cody (our horse mascot) was kept and fed him soap. Killed him deader than a hammer. You can imagine what the outcry would be if some idiot UT fan harmed Reveille!! Oh, well. That's enough about that, we're all friends and all that is old, really old news. I'm glad to be here and to have "met" some new friends!!!!
Steve

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Never had heard that one before. Some people don't know when to quit. I like to joke around about the rivalry but getting physical over it to the point of causing harm is ridiculous no matter which side of the fence you're on.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Never had heard that one before. Some people don't know when to quit. I like to joke around about the rivalry but getting physical over it to the point of causing harm is ridiculous no matter which side of the fence you're on.
You're absolutely right. No rivalry here, just a couple of Texas pilots enjoying a great sport!!