• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Race to the rain

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Greetings all! This is my very first post on this forum. I've been a member of RCU before it was RCU, and a member of RCGroups since '06. I'm glad to see this new forum and I hope the pissin' and moanin' that has become common place on the other forums will truly be non-existent on this one.

First about my forum name, Red Raider. I'm a Texas tech alum having done all bachelor's, masters and ph.d. work there. I grew up in Lubbock, and never wanted to go anywhere else. It's a great university even though this year we sucked at football and looks like basketball won't be much different. But, it's home and you've got to root for the home team.

Now about my signature line, "race to the rain". This comes straight from NASCAR. I was watching a race, I believe it was the Daytona 500. Rain was imminent. Everyone could see it coming on the radar and in the sky. One of the pit crew told his driver you have to race to the rain. The moral of the story is that you're not going to make the full race as you expected to when it started, the rain is coming. But you race as hard as you can, as fast as you can, pedal to the firewall, hair on fire, nothing held back until the rain comes and ends your race. A philosophy for life that I try to live by. Even though I can't go as fast as I used to ;)

What brings me to giant scale news? Well like the rest of you, giant scale model airplanes. Or in my case moderate size model airplanes. Most of my stuff is 30cc gas powered. I do have a 3DHS BigFoot with a VV40 twin, and I just started a 103" wingspan P-51 that will be powered by a DLE 85. I have 6 planes in my gas fleet but still maintain 3-4 nitro planes from the old days. My brother is my best flying buddy and we've had some great times building, flying and crashing planes for the past 30 odd years.

Well that should about do it. I don't know if anybody will even read this or not, but if you do, here's wishing you and all your flying buds the very best that this new year has offer. Remember, "race to the rain"!!!!
Steve

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Steve....first off Welcome aboard GSN...THE BEST GIANT SCALE FORUM....PERIOD!!!! Sleepy & Bart 's goal is to keep this site "Pee-Free"!

My son & his wife were Red Raiders, and I've been to Lubbock (home Buddy Holly) many times back in the '90's. Saw my first real dust storm there.

Start a thread on your big P-51 :dancing-chicken:

Fishhook2670

70cc twin V2
Very nice introduction for yourself. Glad to have you aboard. I am like Earle I think we have the best place going. We have some very good pilots in our mist, also I think some of the best builders. As you will see if you spend time on threads there some great people here!

wesley.

70cc twin V2
stock-vector-blue-smiley-face-with-a-sign-welcome-149594675.jpg

Nice to see another RED RAIDER!!!!!! Were few and far between here. Lol

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Welcome. When I go to the other site it makes me depressed. So much fighting over nothing over there. Love it here.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
:welcome:

I'm with you, I love my big gas birds, but will always keep a few small glow profiles around for when I want to get crazy and not regret the results!
Easy to transport, simple to repair, and bulletproof!

Welcome. When I go to the other site it makes me depressed. So much fighting over nothing over there. Love it here.

Amen to that. I never noticed it until earlier this week when I was jonesing so badly for anything flying related waiting for the weather to clear I went mad read some threads. Holy mackerel, the bile and venom is stultifying.

Glad we are out of there.

BJ Swope

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Steve....first off Welcome aboard GSN...THE BEST GIANT SCALE FORUM....PERIOD!!!! Sleepy & Bart 's goal is to keep this site "Pee-Free"!

My son & his wife were Red Raiders, and I've been to Lubbock (home Buddy Holly) many times back in the '90's. Saw my first real dust storm there.

Start a thread on your big P-51 :dancing-chicken:
Had a dust storm today! Wasn't too bad as the wind was out of the north. But I'm afraid it doesn't node well for the spring. :(