• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prop Rip

Twister

70cc twin V2
Well the beila 30x8 rips pretty bad,it would be great if you wanted to do low and slow all the time.the Biela 29x12 doesn't rip but the pullout is slow,it might be the prop once the gp123 breaks in tho

Last edited:

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Try the 30-10 you'll need the same pitch as the 29 you had at first but 1" bigger in Dia.

I have the same thing with my MVVS 175 31-12 just rip the hell of the prop with more than 6200 rpm but when I put the 32-12 it's like a baby 5850 static.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I love the Biela 26x10 3-blade on my DA120. On cans it's very quiet and still has plenty of low speed pull for 3D, but is an awesome IMAC prop. On tuned pipes it'll start to rip a little, and of course pulls even harder. Not what I would call loud, but more so than on cans with this engine.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
I was for 3 blade too, and for some time, i did use it on my old DA 150, but since I've got a high torque engine Im for 2 blades, big Dia big pitch, you cant get wrong with that.
With 3 blades you just need to tune the tail on every up line you do and with 2 blades it just doesnt happen, and the plane is much more gentle, 3 blade just make the plane more sensitive for me.

Twister

70cc twin V2
Try the 30-10 you'll need the same pitch as the 29 you had at first but 1" bigger in Dia.

I have the same thing with my MVVS 175 31-12 just rip the hell of the prop with more than 6200 rpm but when I put the 32-12 it's like a baby 5850 static.

I'll have to see if I can borrow one from someone to try. Props @ $100+ a shot would kill me just to use once.

Twister

70cc twin V2
Which would you think would be better biela 30x10 or mejzlik 30x10? I'm looking for fast spool up but trying to keep the rip under control

njswede

150cc
Falcon CF 27x11 was very silent on my DLE120. No rip, but lots of power. Also seemed to give more than enough airflow over the surfaces. No problem controlling in harriers and hovers. In theory, larger diameter and less pitch should make the ripping WORSE, not better.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Which would you think would be better biela 30x10 or mejzlik 30x10? I'm looking for fast spool up but trying to keep the rip under control

From my experience, in this category of props, because you took a much bigger prop to spool it will be hard for the engine to do it with a heavier prop like the Biela and the airfoil is much thicker, take the Mejzlik for that just because it will be easier for the engine to spool it.

I'm having the same problem after mounting an MTW RE2 to my GP61. My club will have noise restrictions next year so I'll need a different prop. Fergus recommend a Mej 23/10 but that seems really small. What do you guys recommend? Here's a video from this weekend:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk