• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prop Rip

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Friends lent me a 29x12 and a 30x8 to try. I'll see how the weather is this weekend it might snow.
Snow? Ya... plenty of that "STILL" coming down here. Has been for the last 24 hours. Hopefully you can get some test flights in on those props. Would like to hear of your results.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
29x12 might be the ticket. Mine has a 29x9W Falcon. Insane thrust but over 1/2 throttle it will "rip the drawers off a fat gal".
I bet the 30x8 will be worse.

reyn3545

100cc
My previous MX-2 had a 3-blade and cans on a DA170. If another plane was flying, you couldn't hear mine at all unless you got into the upper RPM range. My new MX-2 has a 3W 157CS TS and 3W cans.. seems much louder on the ground, and I haven't gotten it to the field yet. I like a very quiet plane. You can fit big enough motors in most planes that you have more than enough power, so I generally do that, then use a 3-blade to keep things pretty quiet.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My previous MX-2 had a 3-blade and cans on a DA170. If another plane was flying, you couldn't hear mine at all unless you got into the upper RPM range. My new MX-2 has a 3W 157CS TS and 3W cans.. seems much louder on the ground, and I haven't gotten it to the field yet. I like a very quiet plane. You can fit big enough motors in most planes that you have more than enough power, so I generally do that, then use a 3-blade to keep things pretty quiet.
Sweet...... 157cs/ts huh? Cool.... What prop you running on that? Rpm? Just curious....