• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Precision Flight Tutorials Episode 1!

SnowDog

Great job on the videos!

I am not sure what you are recording with, but I used a program called Fraps.

RF6.5 is hard to record due to its higher frame rate. Phoenix is really easy as it is locked at 60FPS. Fraps also is hard on your computer, if your running a gaming computer then it should be fine, but if not then you may get lag or even more FPS issues. I have never used RF's built in recording system.

Hope this helps. I plan to make more also. Though I can't say much, they will really push tutorials to the next level.

Wamsy good to hear from you! How is school going?
I'd like to see more tutorials from you as well.

All you guys are awesome for taking the time to make these videos!

wedoitall

Wamsy good to hear from you! How is school going?
I'd like to see more tutorials from you as well.

All you guys are awesome for taking the time to make these videos!

yes it is awesome! my noobular self would be lost without these videos.

wamsy55

50cc
School is good. I have about a week left and three exams to push through. Keeps me very busy, but I have been flying/building a little bit on the weekends. My 104 is done and flown.
I will make some more tutorials, but like I said the next ones I plan to step up a notch. Hopefully on my break I can get that going. Should be pretty cool.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
This is great Brian, thanks for the effort and time.

For precision I think of IMAC, pattern or F3A type of flying. Freestyle is a "do your own thing" mix of precision and 3D.

Since your thread is precision flying I'd like to see the IMAC sequences, starting with BASIC up though Advanced/Unlimited. You might think of capturing your sequences with and without wind. It seems that with wind enabled (and real flying) you need rudder correction to hold your lines. Rudder correction is a learned skill and to make it "second nature" takes lots of stick time.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
This is great Brian, thanks for the effort and time.

For precision I think of IMAC, pattern or F3A type of flying. Freestyle is a "do your own thing" mix of precision and 3D.

Since your thread is precision flying I'd like to see the IMAC sequences, starting with BASIC up though Advanced/Unlimited. You might think of capturing your sequences with and without wind. It seems that with wind enabled (and real flying) you need rudder correction to hold your lines. Rudder correction is a learned skill and to make it "second nature" takes lots of stick time.

+1 with emphasis remaining on the website's goal- 3D. Perhaps touch on the Aresti code and sequences while teaching how to link IMAC maneuvers (with corrections) into a freestyle routine. Keep in mind that IMAC has a great site of their own with all the sequences and definitions. Have you guys seen the new app- IMAC lite by Bill James? It's awesome- a pocket clinic and reference tool for IMAC. has a caller mode that let's you give your phone to virtually anyone to be a caller for your practice. All the sequences and videos of each are there with the flimsies, etc.

I'm trying to practice now by working on specific maneuvers (point rolls, slow rolls, pop tops, blenders, etc both 3D and IMAC with different reversals and cross box maneuvers at each end of the flight line. This keeps it fresh but also maintains purpose in the session. I'd love to see some vids like that.
Thanks

Hello Guys!

First thank you all again for the kind words!

Second I plan on having a new video up tomorrow, so look for it!

IN reply to the IMAC precision based sequences, I would be very happy to review them, and do the higher classes to the best of my ability. One of my videos will cover wind correction and holding lines, so I will cover thos things first, and have the IMAc sequences at a slightly later date. I have a lot of good ideas and plans, and I can't wait to share it!

Thanks so much!
Brian

wedoitall

thanks one again Brian!!!!! People like you that takes 3drcforums over the top. the wind correction and holding lines will help a noob like me alot. looking forward to the new video.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hello Guys!

First thank you all again for the kind words!

Second I plan on having a new video up tomorrow, so look for it!

IN reply to the IMAC precision based sequences, I would be very happy to review them, and do the higher classes to the best of my ability. One of my videos will cover wind correction and holding lines, so I will cover thos things first, and have the IMAc sequences at a slightly later date. I have a lot of good ideas and plans, and I can't wait to share it!

Thanks so much!
Brian

Terrific Brian, can't wait to see it.
Daren