• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Precision Flight Tutorials Episode 1!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Brian,
Funny, I'm going to write almost exactly what I wrote to Cody W. who is starting some instructional vids as well. More the merrier. You're idea "fills the void". You get a capable plane, some basic skills and start huckin the crap out of that thing until one day you realize there needs to be some "order" to this chaos! I'm trying to work with my club to get an IMAC/ Precision/ 3D "clinic" and demo fun fly to introduce and explain that 3D is NOT reckless, dangerous, out of control flying but PRECISION aerobatics, sometimes at the limits of the flight envelope of your airframe that can be of huge help to your "normal" flying (my biggest sell is harrier landings to a spot- learn that with anything and you fly anywhere in just about any conditions). This type of site is what is needed to bridge that gap between the circle flying touch and go guys and the "crazy wild kids". Thanks for taking the time to do it.

What I said to Cody is that we get the skills developing on independent maneuvers and now it's time to put it into a 4-5 minute routine that is exciting and enjoyable to watch. High, low, fast, slow with a good mix.

Looking forward to seeing what you put together. Now to watch the demo.

Again, thanks.

dth7

moved this thread to the appropriate forum. You're off to a great start Brian, thanks for taking the time to do this for everyone!

-G

This thread and the videos will bridge that IMAC discussion we talked about without going full on IMAC- there's a great venue for that on their site now. This is perfect for this site. Precision + 3D = IMAC on steroids, fun stuff!

dth7

First video is up! Let me know what y'all think, and what I could improve on!

Thanks![video=youtube;4bjdum2RiLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bjdum2RiLE[/video]

Brian, great dialogue. I use the same field on RF6! Take a look at Wamsy's sim vids for the transmitter size and resolution. Not sure how it's done but I think he is using RF6 now. If you can get that worked out the advanced maneuvers will work too. However, if you can continue with your verbal quality I'd watch them without a Tx view. Thanks

Brian, great dialogue. I use the same field on RF6! Take a look at Wamsy's sim vids for the transmitter size and resolution. Not sure how it's done but I think he is using RF6 now. If you can get that worked out the advanced maneuvers will work too. However, if you can continue with your verbal quality I'd watch them without a Tx view. Thanks

Thanks so much for the words! I'll go ahead and see if I can figure out what Wamsy does, and get up to date on all that.

My objective is exactly that. Bring order to chaos :p I believe a REALLY good freestyle is based upon precision, and you'll find most of the most successful pilot in IMAC and 3D have a precision background, and it helps a tremendous amount. Consistent practice, clinics, and determination are all helpful, and will further the skills of any pilots, at any level. I really hope to bring an impact with these videos I haven't seen before and i'm very happy to see such positive review on my first video!

Thank you all! I hope you enjoy the videos to come!

P.S. I am uploading a changed version of the first video to see if it helps. Will add it here once it's up.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Brian to change the size of the transmitter click on windows - gadgets - the radio. When the radio shows up click on the radio and a sizing box shows up. Drag the lower right handle bar to size the transmitter.

Brian to change the size of the transmitter click on windows - gadgets - the radio. When the radio shows up click on the radio and a sizing box shows up. Drag the lower right handle bar to size the transmitter.

I'll go ahead and do that on the next video. Right now my "network" is refusing to let me upload any videos so it'll have to wait..

I'll have the next video up in not to long!

Thanks
Brian

njswede

150cc
This rocks! A few tweaks on resolution and TX size, and you have something really cool going on here! I'm looking forward to the next episode!

wamsy55

50cc
Great job on the videos!

I am not sure what you are recording with, but I used a program called Fraps.

RF6.5 is hard to record due to its higher frame rate. Phoenix is really easy as it is locked at 60FPS. Fraps also is hard on your computer, if your running a gaming computer then it should be fine, but if not then you may get lag or even more FPS issues. I have never used RF's built in recording system.

Hope this helps. I plan to make more also. Though I can't say much, they will really push tutorials to the next level.

wedoitall

Eventho i havent played with it in awhile, i would have to recommend fraps. Use ta do alil pro online gaming and thats what we used to capture our matches. Does really well with screen shots too.

Actually the screen capture may be of use. Could take a screenshot pic of each section/step of the manuveur with Tx stick positions. Maybe as on overlay or on the side of the pic.
That would actually go pretty good with the "maneuvers, tips and tricks" section in 3dpedia. just an idea.

Great job on the videos!

I am not sure what you are recording with, but I used a program called Fraps.

RF6.5 is hard to record due to its higher frame rate. Phoenix is really easy as it is locked at 60FPS. Fraps also is hard on your computer, if your running a gaming computer then it should be fine, but if not then you may get lag or even more FPS issues. I have never used RF's built in recording system.

Hope this helps. I plan to make more also. Though I can't say much, they will really push tutorials to the next level.

Thanks Man!

I am using the full version of Fraps and I really like it so far. I can't get it to lock into 60 FPS, but 50 seems to be pretty stable. I run a custom built gaming PC that could run Fraps 3 times over haha, so no worries there. RF's built in recording system is useless. There is no way to convert the video to a useable format...

Looking forward to seeing your videos!