• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Post your dumb RC moves here

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
A particularly bad memory... this was 1985 and still flying a .60 size slime machine... Cranked the engine and it was running too fast. With my left hand I was reaching left to the transmitter to reduce the throttle. Out of my right peripheral vision, I saw the glow plug wire handing close to the prop. Without turning and looking, I reached my right hand over to move the glow plug wire.... right into the prop.... red stuff flying all over the place ...

my right thumb is still 1/4" shorter than my left, after having the top 1/2" that was left sewn back on, about 200 stitches spread out over all 5 fingers... still proudly show my scars of stupidity...

After I run off to the doctor to get all stitched up, since the plane was still running, my good friend decided to go ahead and fly it before packing things up for me... :)

Well!?.......No sense wasting fuel!lol

Mikeq

150cc
This was my 2nd 3DHS 87" Extra SHP. I flew the first one into the ground on its 2nd flight (flew into the sun and lost it). Anyway....#2 lasted quite awhile....but went into failsafe mode (the only Rx batt went south) and glided nice and level into a THICK-ARSED grove of trees! Although I was happy because beyond those trees was the Potomac River!

One piece did make it to the ground on its own though :congrats:. Had to cut down 3 trees to get the rest. I still have pieces from both planes, so might do a resurrection this summer!
View attachment 10683
View attachment 10682 View attachment 10684

Hey Earle I like your new avatar...we need to keep the zoo thing going...LOL

Mikeq

150cc
I have a good friend at our club who is a big fan of and owns two H-9 SU-26s 1/3 scale...he showed up one Saturday and proceeded to set up to fly and discovered he had brought two right wings...needless to say we all were rolling with laughter...

Mikeq

150cc
OK....The month of February is ZOO MONTH....please pass the word along to the rest of the animals :dancing-chicken:

Will do...
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Please! Do you know how hard it is to get a damn cheeseburger to look as if came from the ZOO!

Last edited: