• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Post your dumb RC moves here

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok....I feel I can now share my dumb rc move. I don't think now that it was so dumb, but at the time I thought, "Wow...really"? When I was first learning to fly oh so many years ago, a friend of mine was trying to help me. I was flying a "V" tailed plane....(I forget exactly what it was, only the outcome) Anyway, it started going down and my friend, Dennis said to me, "UP"...."UP"...."UP"! I said, "I am"...."I am pushing up". As my plane hit the dirt full power nose first, he and I looked at my thumb on the transmitter. I "WAS" pushing up. Of course you all know, "UP" is not.....UP!!!
:lol2:

But my really dumb rc move was just a few years ago when I first started into gas from glow. I had a Dave Patrick Extra 330L that I put a DLE 55 on. Man, that plane could flat haul the mail and do some moves no stripper could do on a pole while dancing. It's finest maneuver was inverted flat spins. I have never seen such slow....FLAT as a pancake spins. They really were very mesmerizing. So much so that one day I was doing one and watched it spin....spin....spin all the way to the ground. Inverted....OH CRAP.....no time to pull out. DOAH!!!! What a dumb :dancing-poop:. LOL

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@stangflyer Reminds me of my very first ARF build. You can hear my "then" wife laughing her a$$ off in the VHS vid she made of the "incident" lol. I took it one step further and actually had the radio set up to "push for up" and "pull for down" the elevator stick!!lol

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@stangflyer Reminds me of my very first ARF build. You can hear my "then" wife laughing her a$$ off in the VHS vid she made of the "incident" lol. I took it one step further and actually had the radio set up to "push for up" and "pull for down" the elevator stick!!lol
Nice......LOL

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
You NAILED it.......pathetic. And for the record......I have only been offended once! lol .....Note to self "never start a Mintor thread"

Hmmm yeah....Mintor is now officially a bad word on the forums, if one wishes to mention that word, it can only be done on FG lol.

Glad I got out when I did, what a disaster that turned into!!!

mndless

Don't know a thing..
A particularly bad memory... this was 1985 and still flying a .60 size slime machine... Cranked the engine and it was running too fast. With my left hand I was reaching left to the transmitter to reduce the throttle. Out of my right peripheral vision, I saw the glow plug wire handing close to the prop. Without turning and looking, I reached my right hand over to move the glow plug wire.... right into the prop.... red stuff flying all over the place ...

my right thumb is still 1/4" shorter than my left, after having the top 1/2" that was left sewn back on, about 200 stitches spread out over all 5 fingers... still proudly show my scars of stupidity...

After I run off to the doctor to get all stitched up, since the plane was still running, my good friend decided to go ahead and fly it before packing things up for me... :)