• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow everything is looking good. You are really going at it it won’t be long before this is done. The black really shines and the contrast with yellow is good. Yellow and black always looks good.
I forgot or missed it what did you cover the plane with.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Rob, that would be Ultra cote.
Well here it is with the wings and all flying wires done. Only four things left to do, apply the stripping, hook up the tailwheel, go back and double check all fasteners. The forth is the graphics but I am not sure I want to put all the Bulldog logo's on it, not sure it is up to par enough. What do you guys think, finish it up as the dog or something else. If something else offer up an opinion to a scheme, something like Banana's, submarine, or even just as it is.

Attachments

• P1090133.JPG
    P1090133.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 228
  • P1090134.JPG
    P1090134.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 211

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I saw somewhere the other day where someone mentioned the fuel line tailwheel spring thing but now I can't find it. I did one years ago but don't remember how and thought I would shortcut how to do it again. Does anyone have such and if so could you post it for me?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks McNabb, I would have tried that but I did it already. Don't know how long it will last but for now it is good and it was simple. I also weighed it, 31.47lbs, not counting spinner. Now I don't feel quite so bad about the Eagle's weight because I did everything possible to keep this one down and it still went over the kit weight of 29lbs. They must do absolutely nothing but the minimum and if that is not needed don't do it either to hit 29lbs.

Attachments

• P1090135.JPG
    P1090135.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 196

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok guys, five like's on the covered bird but no opinion as to carry on or go with a different theme? Will be back at it tomorrow so what ya'll say?

Last edited:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok guys, four like's on the covered bird but no opinion as to carry on or go with a different theme? Will be back at it tomorrow so what ya'll say?

I cannot expand my imagination to anything else other than the bulldog that wouldn't drastically change the scheme as it is. It would be cool to cross the traditional schemes of a Christian eagle, bulldog, python... I like the starburst/feather design like what's on the underside of the EF RWB laser scheme.
image-jpg.34781

upload_2018-11-23_18-19-27.jpeg