• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
And the top wing, now to move the electronics to the rear of the cockpit and maybe give it a light sanding.

Attachments

• P1090167.JPG
    P1090167.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 218

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Guess your memory is like most of ours, foggy. It was an EMHW kit but it was started over two and a half years ago so would could blame you.
Sorry about that I think when I have some time I will have to reread the build because I am interested in the plane. This is the 2.4 m one.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That's ok, this is the 2.20 Challenger II. If you are interested in a Pitts or an Ultimate I highly recommend the EMHW brand. They are as good in quality and completeness as it get's. The only negative is the instructions, they are in a form of German and don't translate well, but there are enough builds around to find one's way.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The electronics have been removed, I am waiting on the glue to dry for the new plate and then can stick them back in. And of course moving everything back will require some rewiring. Shoud have everything done today and be ready to start covering tomorrow.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Solartex is by far better than Ultrakote but it is no where near the real Polyester covering and Stits. The fabric, polyester lite, is identical to the full scale fabric and will shrink enough to break an airframe. It shrinks a lot, a ridiculous amount, so much so that I don't worry about getting it taught when applying it. And it will not loosen up or wrinkle even setting in the sun all day, unless there is something underneath to cause a gas such as some primers. The Stits painting system is also based on the full scale, I was told the difference is it has more pigment. From the minute the spraying of the Poly brush starts one can spray each layer of the brush, spray, and first color without stopping. As with only thirty minutes required between coats with the time it takes to clean the gun and switch product it is ready. I know of rc airframes that are ten years old and look like it was just finished. I say this all the time, "Simply put, there is nothing better"!

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Forgot to mention that when one has an issue like a small cut or tear it is stupid easy to fix as the whole system could actually be wiped off the fabric with MEK. Just damped a rag with MEK, wipe clean around the cut/tear, patch with fabric and adhesive, repaint the area. There is no sanding required, as a matter of fact the only sand able layer is the Poly spray, all the layers chemically adhere to one another.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Sometimes things just bite it big time. I went out this morning to start cutting up the fabric for everything and don't have anywhere enough. I have enough for the tail feathers and bottom wings so unless the order gets here really quick I'll be coming to a stop by end of tomorrow at the latest.
The order is coming from one state up by way of UPS so well see.

Last edited: