• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
Cut off the stock control horns and drilled in some bolts! Man, ssssssooooooooooooooooooooooo much better! Fast, easy, setup. Exactly 53 degrees off the TBD center each direction yields exactly 6" up and down. Synchronized servos with equal drag on each side of the plane anytime, all the time. :)

20151210_004718.jpg 20151210_004724.jpg

BTW, no question about it, the servos should be 2" closer to the leading edge of the wings, and 3" closer to the root of the wings. Absolutely, end of story... they need to be moved. If you want your servos synchronized you will have to work it out some way other than stock. You can measure and cut the stock control horns before gluing them in... or whatever... but something will need to be done beyond the stock setup.

@dhal22 ... check out the new boxes... ;)

20151209_174139.jpg

Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Only thing about that Dubro hardware for threaded studs is you have to glue it to the stud so it does not turn or your plane looses trim off and on during the flight. Ball link should be all that turns. You may not notice it right away and maybe not as much with three vs two per wing, but as they wear in it becomes more evident.

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Just finished a Pilot 330sc for a Christmas present to my new B-I-L....Only two problems.....It's 25% scale and glow:face-palm:.
View attachment 46384 View attachment 46385 View attachment 46386
Hey Kelly,

Now I know where you've been. You've been holding out on us. Don't pay any attention to those above who want to give you a hard time about glow. I think you should have put your YS in it and kept it for yourself, but I'm not sure how your B-I-L would have taken it. . . . . :laughing: