• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 107" Extra 330SC

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Mine after 6 gallons of Golden Spectro 40:1 and 4 gallons of Stihl Ultra HP 50:1
View attachment 54822

That's about what my 90 and 112 look like. Both have quite a bit of time although the 112 is just over 10 gallons. Switching from pipes back to muffs as the pipes don't seem to like all the G's I'm putting them through so I got another look. Been running 32-34:1 Redline from the start.

Joe Hunt

150cc
I just got this new table saw. It's a cross cutter, side cutter, miter cutter, scroll cutter, saw. It takes normal jigsaw blades. And, if you're like me and don't have much space nor money... this thing is awesome.

http://amzn.com/B00L47FZ8A

Attachments

• 20160503_204717.jpg
    20160503_204717.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 342

Joe Hunt

150cc
Hey that's na awesome find... I may need to get one. Sure would make quick work of having to cut ply..

Yeah... I've just been using my jigsaw by hand and then sanding it down even after. This thing gives factory straight results first time. I'm not "building" anything so I always just get though the cutting one way or another. But, once you have one of these for a measly $99... well?... I can't imagine going back to hand cutting... even if it is only a piece now and then. :)

Joe Hunt

150cc
This isn't a Pilot RC plane, but something I was working on tonight... reworking the H9 Sukhoi hatch bolts/blindnuts. The stock ones were shot after about 4 flights with the DA-170. They were 3mm and had junk hardwood blocks that just split and broke off... just from vibration. But, the recessed holes for the top of the 3mm bolts really didn't allow for rubber washers. So, anyway, I sanded off what was left of the stock junk hardwood blocks and replaced them with 1/4" aircraft plywood blocks (that I cut with my new tablesaw, haha). I went with 4mm blindnuts and bolts. I also Z-poxied in the recessed holes so I could use large rubber washer/sealing washers. Should hold up nice now, this is the same setup that comes stock on the Pilot RC planes and it has needed no maintenance on those planes as of yet.

Attachments

• 20160511_224922.jpg
    20160511_224922.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 318